Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,614   Posts: 1,622,749   Online: 848

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mount Adapter - Nikon F AI Ai-S Lens to Canon EOS

Hi there,

I have an Nikon F series 35mm with an OK lens and a Canon 60D with two nice lenses that I really like. In particular I love my EF 40mm pancake lens. So have been think about getting a EOS 35mm body to shoot some portra on. But then saw some mount adapters and am wondering if I should try this option for my Nikon 35mm?

Appreciate any thoughts! :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzatron View Post
    Hi there,

I have an Nikon F series 35mm with an OK lens and a Canon 60D with two nice lenses that I really like. In particular I love my EF 40mm pancake lens. So have been think about getting a EOS 35mm body to shoot some portra on. But then saw some mount adapters and am wondering if I should try this option for my Nikon 35mm?

Appreciate any thoughts! :-)
    People have been using adapters to use Nikon F mount lenses on EOS cameras from the very beginning of the EF mount's life. If you like your F mount lens, you can easily shoot it on a Canon EF mount camera. You just need to buy an adapter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The way I read it, the OP wants to put a Canon lens on a Nikon camera. If that is the case, you'd need an adapter that has optics in it, and the flange to focal plane distance on a nikon is less then Canon lenses are designed for, so you'd loose image quality unless you went for a high grade adapter, which would cost more then getting an EOS film body.

On a side note; if you want an EOS film body, let me know. I literally have over 100 EOS film bodies, from the EOS 620 to the Elan IIe, and everything in between. Seriously, I have boxes of them....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin