Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,664   Posts: 1,481,683   Online: 760

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon MF Zoom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One of my old favorites was the 35-70 f/3.3-4.5 macro zoom. Small, well built, and about as sharp as any zoom was back in the days of manual focus. I beat mine up for years and have since passed it on to my nephew. He's taken some great shots with it as well. The obvious disadvantage is the speed, but for the price the image quality is pretty amazing, especially at f5.6-f11.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpixels5
    I'm thinking about getting a good, sharp zoom lens for my Nikon FE, but I really have no knowledge of them. Can someone recommend a good zoom in either the wide-to-short telephoto or normal-to-long telephoto range? It would mainly be used for snapshots...
    For the FE and FM* bodies, the old 80-200 f/4.5 AI zoom is an almost indestrutible and a great performer lens, but it is heavy and a little bulky in comparision with the Series E 75-150 f/3.5 zoom. This one seems to fit better to the FM* and FE bodies producing a small, light and balanced set.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would put in another vote for the 75-150 series E. I got mine from KEH--they tend to note whether the zoom is loose or not. It was a "bargain" grade, cheap and looks and works great.

I find I rarely use it though. I also have the 100mm Ser. E lens and this is my favorite lens in that range. Small, light, great images, fast.

All this is on my FE.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Hart
    I'd recommend the 25-50mm and 50-135mm lenses. They are strange lengths but are both of excellent quality. A good pointer for many Nikon MF lenses can be found here;
    http://www.naturfotograf.com/

Julian
    What Julian said... I have both of these lenses and find them indispensable. They are my American Express Cards - I don't leave home without them!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Vivitar Series 1 28-90 f/2.8-3.5, is a very good lens. Also, the Kiron 28-105 f/3.2-4.5 is very good, built better, and is faster & sharper than the Nikon 28-105 offering. I'm not bashing the Nikkor's, I love them. But there are third party equivalents, that are as good or better, at a fraction of the Nikkor's cost.

Kiron Kid

Shooter
    35mm
    We're you aware that the very good Nikkor "E" series 75-150, was made by Kiron, for Nikon. (Seriously) and as other's have said, "it's very good".

Kiron Kid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin