Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,562   Posts: 1,621,797   Online: 817

Shooter
    35mm

Problem in Canon EOS 1V HS

Hi, I've a problem with Canon EOS 1V HS, sometimes when I press the shutter button (any one of the 2 buttons in camera) the camera will take more than one shot, sometimes up to 17 shots! I doubled check if I'm bracketing and I'm not. Does anyone know what's wrong or experienced similar problem?

Thanks
    Akram
    https://500px.com/amellice

Bracketing is the refuge of the unknowing, a trial-and-error procedure that is wasteful of film and weakens the sense of disciplined procedure. Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sticky shutter button contact? Maybe try some canned air though that could cause other issues (push dirt into the viewfinder/lens if attached).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to be sure, You do have it set to single shot?

Ron

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    Just to be sure, You do have it set to single shot?

Ron
    absolutely, single shot, no bracketing
    Akram
    https://500px.com/amellice

Bracketing is the refuge of the unknowing, a trial-and-error procedure that is wasteful of film and weakens the sense of disciplined procedure. Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would try setting it to continuous and shoot a few bursts and then set it back to single shot and try it. May do nothing, but worth a try.

Ron
    Last edited by Schnauzer; 03-23-2015 at 11:30 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't have an -1V, but I used to have the predecessor, the -1N and a -3.
    They had a very hair trigger, quite a light touch that might be causing problems if you have a heavy touch.

Considering that the -1V has improved weather seals around the shutter button, blowing air there shouldn't make any difference.
    It isn't like the old mechanical shutter buttons.

I suspect it is a problem with the electronic board underneath the shutter button.
    I have seen that sort of problems with push buttons in many electronic cameras, but not on Canon.
    My experience is with Minoltas.
    And it is the opposite: buttons needing extra pressure to activate functions.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1 MD, OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin