Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,878   Posts: 1,629,542   Online: 997

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Stanly Kubrick and his lenses

"Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks !

Shooter
    35mm
    Interesting video. Love to have a 50mm f/0.7. Wouldn't love the cost though. Also interesting was the high DOF lenses. Wonder how they work?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Unless they're breaking the laws of physics, they're probably optimized for smaller apertures, and if they *are* breaking the laws of physics, I definitely want to know about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
    Interesting video. Love to have a 50mm f/0.7. Wouldn't love the cost though. Also interesting was the high DOF lenses. Wonder how they work?
    New-ish convert to film.
    Pentax MX for 35mm
    Bronica ETRS for 645

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Just think

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
    Interesting video. Love to have a 50mm f/0.7. Wouldn't love the cost though.
    Sometimes he'd buy 10 then pick the best one.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Sometimes he'd buy 10 then pick the best one.
    It's a tough job but somebody's got to do it. With the kind of money he makes it is probably works out as a write off for tax's.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    My impression is he got Zeiss or whoever to send him ten lenses and he'd pick the best and return the rest. Product variation was more of an issue in pre-computer aided design days, which is one of the reasons I'm wary of people who unconditionally sing the praises of old Leica lenses. The finest examples are stellar, the rest are so-so.

Shooter
    35mm
    Linhof did the same- they would QC and engrave the linhof logo on their Zeiss lenses

Shooter
    35mm
    Deep in my memory is a commercially available sub-f/1 lens from the early 1970s -- sticks in my mind as a Canon mount, something like a 90 mm. Anyone remember such a lens?
    I remember too that it was way out of my price range.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It depends on how old the old Leica lenses are. According to an old Leica Magazine, Leitz was the first lens manufacturer to design and use a computer to help design lenses and that was before World War II.......Regards!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin