Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,865   Online: 918

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

COMPACT flash for Nikon FM

I'm giving my old Nikon FM to my girlfriend, but would like for her to have a flash to go along with it. I have a Vivitar 285, which is fine for me, but I think its just a bit too large for her to want to carry around. So while power and reliability are of course desired, I really need for it to be somewhat smaller than what I currently have. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Nikon SB-15 would be my recommendation. Small, easy to use, and it gets the flash up to the side so red-eye problems are reduced.

I've had one since new (20+ years) without a complaint.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Vivitar 273 is smaller than the Viv 283 and 285, and packs just about as much punch (guide # 100). And even smaller is the Viv 252, with a guide # of 60. Either one should be quite easy and cheap to acquire used.

Kiron Kid

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use an Sb22s along with my FM3a, fits the bill if you are looking for something small and fairly powerful. It also gives you a distance scale on the back which is useful for the FM with no ttl.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin