Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,462   Online: 1121

Shooter
    Multi Format

Is it worth the money?

Good Day All,
    I have the opportunity to pick up an "almost new" Yashica T4,weatherproofed,point + shoot for $50.00 CDN. Sounds like a great deal but there is a problem.One of the door "clips" has broken off and the camera would have to be taped shut.
    Cosmetics have never really mattered to me.I,ve unbent lens rings so they can accept filters and use a Yashica K1000 with a huge ding on its right corner.My only criteria is that the item MUST work.The lens,a Nikkor 105 macro is bang on($20.00 deal) and the K1000 was a freebie.
    Any thoughts about the T4?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy
    Good Day All,
    I have the opportunity to pick up an "almost new" Yashica T4,weatherproofed,point + shoot for $50.00 CDN. Sounds like a great deal but there is a problem.One of the door "clips" has broken off and the camera would have to be taped shut.
    Cosmetics have never really mattered to me.I,ve unbent lens rings so they can accept filters and use a Yashica K1000 with a huge ding on its right corner.My only criteria is that the item MUST work.The lens,a Nikkor 105 macro is bang on($20.00 deal) and the K1000 was a freebie.
    Any thoughts about the T4?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    The price is ok, but if the camera is leaking light even when taped, then it is not worth it at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    $50CDN would probably be a good deal for a fully-functional T4. One that needs to be taped shut, however, is worth much less, IMHO.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Images
    I'm with Ralph. Having to tape the camera shut is a PIA. I would look elsewhere.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can just do what I do with my holga, put velcro on in!

Glue a strip onto the door and all you have to do is pull it shut and clip the velro down. I have never had any problems with my holga doing this and it also stops any light leaks.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin