Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,720   Posts: 1,670,080   Online: 836
      
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    mehguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    122

    Need help with my minolta maxxum

    I boughta minolta maxxum 400si at value village and it seems that it has some problems. The aperture blades dont move and are stuck in one position.
    Last edited by mehguy; 06-02-2015 at 06:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,091
    Sounds more like a lens problem. Does it act that way with other lenses?
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

  3. #3
    leicarfcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    251
    You should return it for a refund or toward another "working" camera..
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

  4. #4
    mehguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    Sounds more like a lens problem. Does it act that way with other lenses?
    I dont have another lens that will work with this camera.

  5. #5
    mweintraub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    895
    When you say they are stuck, are you triggering the shutter and they aren't moving? Just to make sure, are you trying something like f22 or f16 and a slow shutter like 1/2s? This way you can make sure you had a chance to see it.

  6. #6
    mehguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by mweintraub View Post
    When you say they are stuck, are you triggering the shutter and they aren't moving? Just to make sure, are you trying something like f22 or f16 and a slow shutter like 1/2s? This way you can make sure you had a chance to see it.
    yeah, when i trigger the shutter, they dont move. I tried a bunch of f stops and nothing.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Flori-DUH
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    572
    Images
    2
    Sounds like you'll need to open the lens (what lens is it?), and clean the blades. Can be a simple job to an absolute nightmare, depending upon the lens. Youtube will be your friend here.

  8. #8
    mehguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirks518 View Post
    Sounds like you'll need to open the lens (what lens is it?), and clean the blades. Can be a simple job to an absolute nightmare, depending upon the lens. Youtube will be your friend here.
    The lens is a minolta af zoom 28-80mm lens.

    now what exactly do i use to clean these lens?



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin