Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,972   Online: 927

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

My kingdom for a battery.

Good Day,
    My cheapo rechargable AA,s finally bit the dust and I,m in the market for a new set.The local camera shop wants to sell me their high end Ansmann NiMH AA while the business supply shop has Duracells for 1/2 the price.Just thought I ask my fellow APUGers for their opinion.
    Cheers,
    Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    buy the duracells in a package if they run out you'll have extras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess that the Duracells are non rechargeable. If yes then there is no comparison. In the long run it will cost you more than the Ansmanns.
    Too many Chiefs not enough Indians.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Darn,I should of added that the Duracells ARE rechargable.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know that Ansmann are very good, but Duracell are also one of the top brands. If the capacity is the same then I would probably go for them.

(Anyway, if the duracell rechargeables are as good as their standard batteries then they are great.)

Of course all this from a man that mainly uses single charge batteries
    Too many Chiefs not enough Indians.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought some 2300mAH batteries off Ebay. Made in china. Fairly cheap. 18 batteries ended up being about $30US with shipping to Canada. So far so good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy
    Good Day,
    My cheapo rechargable AA,s finally bit the dust and I,m in the market for a new set.The local camera shop wants to sell me their high end Ansmann NiMH AA while the business supply shop has Duracells for 1/2 the price.Just thought I ask my fellow APUGers for their opinion.
    Cheers,
    Mike
    Mike,

In what kind of device are these batteries being used? Camera? Motordrive? Flash?

The reason I ask is certain devices don't like NiMH...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have had good luck with the Panasonic kits from Costco. The Energizer ones are also quite good. I would probably go with the Duracells, assuming the capacity is roughly the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i'm all about lithium batteries for anything, they last longer than NiMH and don't discharge.
    --Ryan

"The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." ~Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the Duracells are the same mAH rating I would go with them. As said, they are a decent make, but you may want to convince yourself that they ARE Duracell: lots of fakes about on the world markets (though I suspect non-rechargeables are the main target for the counterfeiters).

Bob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin