Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,678   Posts: 1,669,229   Online: 1109

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Canon EOS-1 V Autofocus Not Working

This camera has been sitting in a camera bag on the top shelf of my closet for about 9 or 10 years. I got it out today and the auto focus hunts really slow and will not lock on to the subject.

Anyone have this issue before and know of a fix or how expensive it might be to get it fixed?

The lenses used are like new and work on other cameras so that's not the issue.

Thanks,

Jim
    "itís so easy to get famous now. Have a big butt and an Instagram account."...Naomi Grossman

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just indoors, or out in daylight as well?
    "Film in a camera kind of like astronauts in a space ship. If you leave them out it makes everything much simpler, but there is something missing." -Robert Langham

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Clean the battery/body contacts and the contacts at the body/lens interface and see if that helps. If that doesn't help, it is most likely an electronics failure and cost to repair will most likely be prohibitive.
    ~ Fred

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I happens both indoors and outside in daylight. I'll try cleaning all of the contacts and see if that helps. Thanks!!
    "itís so easy to get famous now. Have a big butt and an Instagram account."...Naomi Grossman

Shooter
    35mm
    Clean the contacts and don't be discouraged from getting a repair quote if needed. The 1V is a great camera and you will enjoy shooting it again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's definitely worth fixing. I love mine.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Right now in Spain they're holding the Running of the Bulls,
    followed by the Soiling of the Pants, and the Burying of the Idiots.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin