Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,764   Posts: 1,484,072   Online: 1068

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Kiev 19 - anyone used one?

Has anyone used a Kiev 19 slr?

They're Ukrainian made and mount Nikon lenses. I've seen a few 2nd hand on eBay and wondered whether anyone had used one?

I'll be looking for something as a knockabout 'beater' camera so I'm not expecting something of high quality but I would like any info that someone has.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a couple of them that I use as knockabout cameras. They actually work quite well for what they are. I believe I paid about $70.00 for a new camera - including the lens. The Ukrainian lenses for the camera are inexpensive and pretty good, as well.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought a new one a few years ago. It was certainly a useable camera, but it did not have the same feel and smoothness of a real Nikon. It was kind of clunky and had a limited range of shutter speed selections. I sold it and pretty much came out even. You can buy a used Nikon FM for not too much more.
    Mark O'Brien -
    At the home of Argus cameras...Ann Arbor, MI
    http://www.geocities.com/argusmaniac/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin