Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,480   Online: 1135

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Scratches cause fine White lines in print. Are caused by the pressure plate. Black lines or spots in print are only on the emulsion side. If you use a auto or rapid rewind don't. Until you have located the problem and polished the microscopic burr off the pressure plate. Most base side scratching is caused
    during rewind.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I notice that you say cameras (plural) which suggests that it is not one camera causing scratches. As you don't bulk load and the film is not all the same type, always processed by the same lab, it is rather odd. Have you been somewhere very dusty lately that might be affecting several cameras? You need to find a common factor.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My F3 was giving me fits - lot's of scratches on the base side of the film. I checked the pressure plate and everything looked OK. I got the bright idea to take a (factory loaded) roll and waste it by running it through, then just fixing the film and checking it with a magnifier. Sure enough, there was a slight burr that I couldn't feel (my hands aren't exactly soft) but was scratching the film once the pressure plate was doing its job. I solved the problem by buying an MF-18 databack - which I wanted anyway!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpixels5
    I seem to be having a very annoying problem with my 35mm cameras lately. I am getting a number of very very fine horizontal lines going through the print (from the negative of course). The lines extend from one end to the other and are perfectly straight. They are white in color(black in the negatives) and sometimes there's one...sometimes more. Could it be that my shutter curtain is leaking light? Has anyone else experienced this, or have an idea of what it could be? The crazy thing is that it only shows up with B&W film. I ran about 3 rolls of color through it, and there was nothing to speak of. Thanks.
    They are what are called " Tramline Scratches " and are usually caused by either roughness or dust on the film guide rails.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My F3 does the same thing too. Thin white lines on prints which are in about the smae location every time. There is some slight roughness on the pressure plate. Would this problem be resolved by a CLA?
    Ara
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpixels5
    I seem to be having a very annoying problem with my 35mm cameras lately. I am getting a number of very very fine horizontal lines going through the print (from the negative of course). The lines extend from one end to the other and are perfectly straight. They are white in color(black in the negatives) and sometimes there's one...sometimes more. Could it be that my shutter curtain is leaking light? Has anyone else experienced this, or have an idea of what it could be? The crazy thing is that it only shows up with B&W film. I ran about 3 rolls of color through it, and there was nothing to speak of. Thanks.
    This is a problem that has occured in a couple of my Minolta cameras, if they are perfectly straight, take one of your negs and place along the rails to see where they line up, I have had to send two cameras in to have this repaired and it was very fine dirt particles in the area when the film rolled onto the take up spool..

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin