Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,343   Online: 792

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    Please see my website for differences between the OM-2 and 2N.
    www.zuiko.com/PAGE14.HTML
    The best difference is that ALL 2N bodies have ALL the improvements ever made to the plain OM-2 over the course of it's production. Compared to very old OM-2 (serial number 100,000 to 200,000), the OM-2N is ultra dependable. Always use silver oxide batteries (MS76, SR44, G13, 357, 303) as alkaline (A76, LR44) and lithium (CR1/3N) batteries cause lockup and meter errors (these battery types came out after the camera was designed).

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I love my OM2n, it's so compact with a 35mm lens so I carry it in my bag all the time. I never had any problem with it.

OM2n is really cheap, of course, a OM4Ti would be a much better choice if you have extra money to spend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You guys have to stop this - I don't need another 35mm camera!!! These OM's look so cool... and seem to have a lot going for them in terms of features...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Dunbar
    All OMs have DOF preview.
    OM1, OM1n, OM2, OM2n, lenses, bellows,
    Varimagnifinder, (2x) 35SP, (2a) XA, 35RC, etc.
    I'm a sick person.
    No 2000? I've that and an OM1n. I've wondered for
    some time what made a 1n of a 1. Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dancqu
    No 2000? I've that and an OM1n. I've wondered for
    some time what made a 1n of a 1. Dan
    Well, the 2000 is a different animal, eh? IIRC it's really a Cosina body. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose, but it's not built like a single-digit OM.

Thanks, John, for chiming in regarding the fact that the 2n had all the invisible, internal improvements as well as the addition of TTL support for the T series flashes. We often forget those types of things.

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin