Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,116   Online: 1106

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images

Used FM2 price check

I stumbled upon a used Nikon FM2 body in excellent+ condition for $185 at a local camera store and the counterman said he'd knock another twenty off if I paid with cash instead of plastic. It's not mint by any means but there aren't any dings or major scratches and the viewfinder is clear. I'm appealing to the wisdom of the collective in determining if the price good, in the ballpark, or over the top. What do you folks think?

Gary

Shooter
    Large Format
    The FM2 is a great little camera! I've beat up one for a decade now with no problems. So for $165, I don't think you'll regret it.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    check keh.com. They have some in excellent cond for the high 200'sand bargins in the high 100's. Depending upon where yours falls condition wise it could be a great price. My wife has the FE2, which doesn't seem to be too different and is a lovely camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have always wished I could use one as they are lovely. They are no use to us left eyed photographers though.

David.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Left eyed!!!!?? I thought I was the only one! Long live the Konica!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that's a reasonable price. I paid more than that for mine new back in 1982, and I've seen used cameras advertised for more than the new price.

The FM-2 is a fabulous camera. It's built like a tank, and the last I heard, Nikon still stocked parts and could repair it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Just try to determine if it works properly including the meter and see what kind of guarantee they give. Usually if something is not working it will turn up quickly so a short term guarantee shouldn't be a problem.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Thank you all for your replies. I hadn't planned on buying another body but I'm going to seriously consider this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolliscroft
    I have always wished I could use one as they are lovely. They are no use to us left eyed photographers though.

David.
    David,
    Have you ever tried using an SLR upside down? No more bent noses!

Gary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ElrodCod
    David,
    Have you ever tried using an SLR upside down? No more bent noses!

Gary
    Only a mamiya RB67, and even then held above the head without the prism, otherwise it makes film winding tricky. I just use cameras that don't turn on with the wind on lever, viz Olympus OMs

David.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin