Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,580   Online: 1105

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nearly everytime I sold a piece of photo equipment, I regretted it later.

Most of the time, I later bought nearly identical equipment due to those regrets.

That's my only words of wisdom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm glad I posted now as there's all sorts of things that had escaped my "analysis" of this one.

David I'd count that as 2 and in a way your jest could be true. With the F100 I can capture an event easier but on the other hand I'm less creative. Sounds like we maybe walking the same path, it's a shame I'm not working and living up there in Middle England anymore (well as far as it would be nice to meet up for a drink and see your prints in real life, I prefer everyday life here at home though).

Suzanne it is the best camera I've ever used for speed and flash, especially with the SB-28 fitted. Up side is occasionally use flash, downside is that I hate using it if I can get away without it.

John again many good points and don't worry about digressing it was interesting.

Lee I did that when I moved from the Pentax LX to Nikon thinking I needed it. Dam I miss that beastie and not seen one in as good a condition ever since that didn't have a huge price tag.

I think with many of us we go through so many thoughts before buying a camera that when our needs and usage change it's difficult to decide if our purchase is still valid. Certainly the creative part is very important and that is one thing that I don't feel with the F100. Too many options and manual focus isn't always easy with those metering "target" in the field of view.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One other data point to keep in mind: The F100 probably hasn't lost all of its value yet. If you sell it now and regret it, you'll probably be able to buy another in three years for less money. At least, I think so...
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sorry? People SELL their camera equipment??? I mean, I know I've bought plenty of used stuff, but I always assumed the previous owner must have died or summut... You mean actual LIVING people actually SELL their OWN actual CAMERAS? Actually???

Nahhhhh!?!? That's just too weird...

Bob.

P.S. I think you get my drift: keep it; keep it ALL! (exits stage left, pulling cloak over shoulder and cackling to himself).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mongo that is very true or there again they may hold as more people come back to quality analog. Either way the door opens both ways I guess.

Bob some of us are walking dead, especially after we just got back from a 23 hour sleep-over shift (there's a contradiction in terms for the name of a shift)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tony, there is a very simple answer to this problem....

cameras are like shoes (well.. except without the heels and pointy toes and...) anyway,... you cannot have too many, can you??
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tony: I appreciate your quandary... it's one I shall face in the future. I have a stable of Olympus OM equipment. I have started my daughter off with an OM-2/50mm f1.8 as a basic kit, based partially on the fact that I can give her surplus or duplicate lenses and accessories, and am very informed on the OM's use, etc. Granted, the OMs are more like your Centon/Pentax combo than a Nikon F100... I hate LCD screens, menus, etc.

But I have fallen in love with RFs, both fixed lens and interchangeable. I don't have any of the latter ... used to own Leica M3, but am now longing for the new Ziess and Zeiss M mount lenses.

Since the Chief Domestic Officer would be quite unhappy if I did not unload some equipment before going on a buying spree, I am contemplating having to sell some OM gear (which I've owned since the mid-70s when the OM-1 was new to the scene) and concentrate on RFs and my 4x5. Aaaargh.

You don't seem to have such constraints nor emotional attachment to the Nikon. If it were me I would sell because then you would not even have it to fall back on, thus perhaps "forcing" the use of the other cameras which seem to be driving your creativity.

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm replying without reading comments, so I apologize if you've made a decision or I'm just repeating what's already been said.

Things to consider:

How long have you had it and when did you last use it? Relatively speaking, is this a long time or have you left a camera to sit in the past and then gone back to it down the road? What are your photography goals and will they perhaps change so that you might want to use the Nikon again.

Perhaps it's best to wait until the honeymoon with the new camera is over and see how you feel then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jeanette I have a pair with heels and pointy toes but I got them when they were new and not "retro" LOL

Earl interesting as I guess there could be some guilt here that I'm building a collection without unloading stuff I don't actually use.

Annette more interesting and relevant points, don't worry some of them have not already been mentioned.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, I'm thinking about them as I'm hiding away in the darkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simple. Keep the F100. You'll eventually get back to doing the style of work for which it is the better tool.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin