Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,712   Online: 923

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That's a different version with the zoom lens.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If price isn't an issue the Contax T3 is a nice camera. I believe that you can still find a new ones out there.
    Scott Stadler

Shooter
    Large Format
    another vote for the little Olympus stylus epic (AKA Mju II). Great glass for you pocket and easy on your wallet too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Probably the smallest full-frame 35mm camera is the Rollei 35. The best models are those with a Sonnar or Tessar lens. No rangefinder, but not really necessary with the 40mm lens. The best of the series is the 35SE with a tack sharp f2.8 Sonnar and CdS light meter. Look at site http://www.cameraquest.com/rol35se.htm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    another vote for the t4 -
    we have had and used ours ( bought from b&h ) for about 4 maybe 5 years and have put maybe 200 rolls of film through it without any problem.

if you can get away with a 110 camera ... look for a pentax auto 110.
    i have been using one for about 5 years and think it is a great little camera.
    it has an pan-lens that makes it basically a P&S and the optics on the other lenses are pretty good. i have all the lenses but the pan lens and the zoom lenses, and i have never had any trouble with it. a friend who has a pentax MF kit laughed when he saw it because it is basically a sub-mini version of his camera

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Koch
    Probably the smallest full-frame 35mm camera is the Rollei 35. The best models are those with a Sonnar or Tessar lens. No rangefinder, but not really necessary with the 40mm lens. The best of the series is the 35SE with a tack sharp f2.8 Sonnar and CdS light meter. Look at site http://www.cameraquest.com/rol35se.htm.
    A 35SE is also on my shelf and goes with me if I wan't to travel light. The sonnar is really extraordinary and the main reason why I can hardly imagine to part with it. But by todays standards the Rollei 35 isn't small and certainly not light and feels like a small brick when you hold a mju II in your other hand. The lighmeter is also a bit dated with its low sensitivity and the interface is auto-nothing. Nevertheless, a very fine camera.

Images
    Sounds like alot of T4 lovers here. I like it, too. Got my wife one. Now it says battery low even with fresh battery. Anybody know how to fix this?
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    The Pentax *ist is supposed to be the smallest SLR. I think the thing is almost too tiny to use. It'll take almost any K mount lens you want. Maybe stick the 43mm LTD lens on it?

Film Camera? P&S? You're in the wrong forum.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Gravel
    Sounds like alot of T4 lovers here. I like it, too. Got my wife one. Now it says battery low even with fresh battery. Anybody know how to fix this?
    If you haven't already, first thing is to take a pencil eraser to the battery contacts. If they're a little dull from oxidation, they can produce enough resistance to cause this (and not just on a T4).
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Another Yashica vote...

I bought a T4 for my wife and she loves it... I bought one for myself (the next version with the zoom lens and remote control). A FANTASTIC point and shoot!

joe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin