Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,554   Posts: 1,545,007   Online: 757

Shooter
    Medium Format

Please Settle An Arguement (Nikon/Lenses)

I have an N80, friend has an N90s... I am shopping for another primary body. Are the G lenses compatible with the older N90?? There is not aperture ring on the G lenses, and I think I read thats why you can't use them on older bodies.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, the G lenses are not compatible with the N90s (or any of the other N90 bodies) if you want to be able to choose your aperture. My suggestion is if you like your N80 to just get another one and then it will instantly be familiar to you.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is compatible only in the sense that you can use it with mode P and S where the camera sets the aperture by itself. One could say the N90 becomes sort of a P&S when using a G-lens on it <g>.

Stefan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    yes they are compatible....but not worth having......might as well waste your money on quantaray lens.....just my opinion.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Do not by G lenses a waste of money and a irratation. I agree with Sinar 100%

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin