Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,452   Online: 963
      
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 88
  1. #51

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Minnesota Tropics
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    735
    The subject is hind-focused.

  2. #52

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    625
    There's a striking example of the "spinning" bokeh produced by some Tessars in the LF bokeh thread.

    http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...4&page=1&pp=20

    It's Kerik's pic, halfway down the page. It kind of works in the picture, but ruins others.

  3. #53
    fingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    298
    Images
    4
    I agree that is a striking photo by Kerik, but he listed the lens type as a Verito not a Tessar. A tessar type lens has 4 elements in 3 groups, while a Verito has 3 elements in 2 groups.
    Just wanted to set the record straight so no one is disappointed when they go out an buy a tessar type lens for their 35mm and it doesn't have any swerling background effects.



    Quote Originally Posted by psvensson
    There's a striking example of the "spinning" bokeh produced by some Tessars in the LF bokeh thread.

    http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...4&page=1&pp=20

    It's Kerik's pic, halfway down the page. It kind of works in the picture, but ruins others.
    Scott Stadler

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by fingel
    I agree that is a striking photo by Kerik, but he listed the lens type as a Verito not a Tessar. A tessar type lens has 4 elements in 3 groups, while a Verito has 3 elements in 2 groups.
    Just wanted to set the record straight so no one is disappointed when they go out an buy a tessar type lens for their 35mm and it doesn't have any swerling background effects.
    Right, but the bokeh of a MF Tessar can be the same. Not sure I've ever seen this effect in a 35 mm lens, though. I may have seen it in some super-speed normal, like the Minolta 58/1.2.

  5. #55
    luvcameras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    379
    [QUOTE=psvensson]Right, but the bokeh of a MF Tessar can be the same. QUOTE]

    you keep trying to make a point without any data to back it up...heck a Verito is FAR from a Tessar.....

    And, many people will tell you that swirling bokeh is very nice - similiar to the Noctilux... and here is a photo of mine, taken with a 58mm 1.2 Minolta - look at the leaves in the foreground...SWIRL

    http://www.photo.net/bboard/big-imag...ad_id=16288384

  6. #56

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Minnesota Tropics
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by luvcameras
    [...] And, many people will tell you that swirling bokeh is very nice - similiar to the Noctilux... and here is a photo of mine, taken with a 58mm 1.2 Minolta - look at the leaves in the foreground...SWIRL

    http://www.photo.net/bboard/big-imag...ad_id=16288384
    Is it important that the picture is completely out of focus?

  7. #57
    Ole
    Ole is offline
    Ole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    9,281
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    31
    Here's an example of an Elmar copy - the FED 50mm f:3.5 - at full aperture. Some swirlyness in the corners, and nice smooth background. I'd say that is good.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

  8. #58

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    625
    I think either picture would be better without the swirl. I find it distracting and disharmonious. But I'm not here to argue taste. Thanks for chilling my desire for a 58/1.2!

  9. #59

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,146
    Sorry to toss out an old thread.

    Does my Mamiya Sekor E 50mm f1.7 have bokeh?
    (needless to say, I like buzzwords )


  10. #60

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    923
    This thread contains an awful lot of rubbish on what may be the most important subject in photography.
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin