Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,494   Online: 866

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

2 x m-76/ lr44 for most old minoltas

if it is not an srt, which used a mercury batery originally, the rest of the minolta manual focus line lived on lr44's - this is a very common battery in all sorts of electronic things today. Take the camera with you to Radio Shack/ The Source, buy a battery that looks to fit, then the second one once fit is confirmed.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I use Duracell D375B (2 batteries).
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm having problems with my Minolta XG-1, and I really hope someone could help me fix the problems.
    I have a Minolta XG-1, which hasn't been used for a long time. A little while ago I became interested in SLR photography so I decided to shoot some photos with it. Now, I've refreshed the batteries and I've put a new film in. I've set the settings to automatic and standard, but the film-advance lever won't go further than 30 degrees while it should go up to 130 degrees. In other words, the lever blocks and prevents me from advancing to the next photo. (Note: it's a new film and advancing from S to 1 (on the counter) is not possible).

The required batteries are A76, but I've read that you also could use a similar battery (like L1154, AG13, LR44). At the moment I'm using L1154 batteries.

I really hope that someone could help me because I look forward to shooting some nice pics with this nostalgic apparatus. :-P

Shooter
    Large Format
    Did you try to fire the shutter. Maybe it was already partly wound when you started to load the film.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, I've already tried to fire the shutter. Unfortunately nothing happens...

Shooter
    35mm
    You could try operating the self timer. I've tried it successfully with a couple of cameras with electronic shutters. That said, I have 2 x XG-1, AG-2 and XG-m which refuse to work and the self timer trick hasn't worked

Shooter
    35mm
    Errr, that should have been XG-2 not AG-2.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Here's something I did to mine last week. I get a junker from sleeze bay and the mirror was stuck up. I noticed the shutter curtains were not perpendicular to the curtain travel, askewed slightly. I pressed slightly on the first shutter curtain's edge and it sprung over. I pressed likewise and the second curtain reset and the mirror slapped down. NEW CAMERA!!!

Don't know what your exact prob is but is need not necessarily be the blamed blown capacitor.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin