Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,652   Online: 898

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781252 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Mamiya/Sekor 500 DTL with 50mm f/2 lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikkormat FTN, bought new with 50/1.4 and 200/4. I got a 105/2.5 as soon as I'd accumulated the money.

Regrets? Just one. Perhaps I should have got a 55/3.5 MicroNikkor instead of the 50/1.4. After I got a 55/3.5 I hardly used the 50/1.4 for anything, eventually used it as a down payment on a 24/2.8. But until I got the MicroNikkor I got good use from the 50/1.4.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    A Canon AE1-Program. I was 14 and bought the body while my uncle (photographer also) offered me the 70-210 zoom. I still have the body but sold the zoom and some other lenses to help acquiring the EOS3 I'm now using.

Regrets ? I bought a cheap F1 a few years after that, but sold it a bit later. I'd LOVE to have a F1 again, simply for the metallic feel of it.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Some kind of Ricoh rangefinder, and then an A-1. Both were stolen in a house burglary, and I used the insurance to purchase a New F-1, which I still use over twenty years later.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    A baby Rolleiflex which my father gave me on my 11th birthday. I wanted a Leica, with which he photographed me and my siblings at that time, but of course that was not to be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    First adjustable camera was Petri 7s which I still have.
    Used to make this picture. Oxford, England.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first 35 was a Practiflex (M40x1 mount) that was always breaking down, followed closely by a Kowa SET-R2.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Although I "started" with an Ansco TLR (620?) in the '50s, my first 35mm camera was a little Yashica rangefinder with a fixed 50mm lens that I bought in the mid '60s. Great little camera, but it soon gave way to a Pentax SLR, which in turn gave way to a Nikon.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    35mm
    that was enouch for a new M started with a Kodak 35mm Motomatic. Scale focussing, built in light meter and a spring motor. My interst in photography started when my first child was born. Not too long after that I made my worst photography purchase..Alpa 6c beautifully made, wonderful lens and not at all reliable Enough $ for a new Leica M3 and more than enough for a new Nikon F.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Petri 35 in the mid 60's

lee\c

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781252 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin