Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,699   Online: 970

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101454 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    1968 - a Nikon F with a Photomic FTN head. Split image viewfinder.

Damn, it was a beauty and took absolutely wonderful pics. Had a 50mm Nikkor lens (1.4).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got my first camera when I was 12 which was a Zenith-EM with a 50mm lens. No frills on this one but it did the job. Simple is efficient
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shared a Minolta SRT 101 with a few friends around 74. Then I bought a Canon FTB New in 75.
    Charles "Biloko" Lemaire

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I got a Konica plastic camera when I was a kid and didn't really get anything better until I loaned my father's Spotmatic...but that was only after having entered the world of photography with a digicam

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Grenell
    1968 - a Nikon F with a Photomic FTN head. Split image viewfinder.

Damn, it was a beauty and took absolutely wonderful pics. Had a 50mm Nikkor lens (1.4).
    I couldn't hope to afford an 'F' in '68 but I finally fulfilled my dream of owning one in '02 in beautiful shape and with a working Photomic finder.
    I keep it loaded wth Tri X (Naturally) and like to grab it as I walk out the door. It is always fun to point it out to friends in movies featuring war correspondents, photo journalists and fashion photographers.

My first 35mm was a used Exacta VX1000 made in "Soviet Occupied Germany"
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yashica TL Electro X, it took me forever to save enough money to buy that camera. You know young family and all the demands that come with that sort of thing. Wish I still had it, it was a real pleasure to use other then the screw mount lens. Today I seldom use a 35MM other then and emergency camera when, I haven't got a medium format or large with me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Neal

I still have an F w/FTN and f36 motor drive. It's hard to believe they got much better than that . Although a hinged back might be nice.

Mike

first 35 mm camera

my first 35mm was a Finnetta 88 bought in 1952 during my National Service, i used it to record all my NS activities ( not including the naughty bits) I have had many others since then.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Did nobody have a Praktica MTL? I did, or rather I borrowed my Dad's. He didn't mind as he liked to use his Canonet, or XA2.

I thought it was so sleek and well built compared to the Zenith.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Zeiss Ikon Contessamat SE, that my dad allowed me to use after I got bored of my Instamatic.
    soon afterwards I was allowed to use his Spotmatic (whhich I still have)
    Mama took my APX away.....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin