Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,012   Posts: 1,524,701   Online: 795

Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 333738394041424344454647484953 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1st 35mm Camera: Konica FC-1

Shooter
    35mm
    Pentax ME Super. got is 25 yrs ago for my birthday. just cleaned it up in the last couple weeks and started shooting film again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pentax Spotmatic. I'm still shooting it:

sjg

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OM2n, bought 2nd hand in Manchester in 1986.

I've been waiting to tell you all about it whilst it was being repaired... dug it out earlier this year and found it wouldn't meter
    But, just got it back from a service and it's just how I remember it - woohoo!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first 35mm camera was an Argus C-3 I picked up at a yard sale for a dollar when I was 13. No instructions no light meter, and the shutter speed and aperture settings were numbers 1-10. I learned a ton about exposure from that camera, along with uncounted rolls of Verichrome Pan. That camera was stolen a couple of years later, and was replaced with another C-3 that came with the light value meter. I think I paid around $5 for that one, and I only had it a few months when it was stolen. I replaced it with a then new Olympus FTL. This started a 40 year love affair with Olys and especially Zuiko optics. Alas all my Olys are in the closet-dead bodies(2 OM-10's, an OM-4, and an XA, and XA-2) My currant shooters are a Yashica D, and Contax 139 quartz, My wife is shooting an OM-77AF I picked on the 'bay last summer for $20 (shipping inc.) I think its a good camera for her to learn composition with, so she doesnt have to worry about exposure until she is more confident in her photos (she is quite an artist already-drawing, and paint, sculpting) Our daughter loves shooting the 77 , she's already a very skilled darkroom apprentice at 11 yrs. old.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Canon AE-1 (around 1977), then a Nikkormat FTn, and now (proudly), a Canon F-1N.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a Vivitar XV-1 35mm manual camera. After extensive use the film advance broke. I really learned my craft with that camera because it was all manual. After going Pro I started using Nikon's (which I love). I just purchased another Vivitar XV-1 and can't wait to get out and run it through it's paces. To bad most new photographers start out with auto-everything. They are really missing the joy of the craft.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My first was an Olympus XA2 that was a gift from my grandmother when I was 7. After helping my parents sort through their old photo albums, I was impressed with it's quality.

I still wish I had it laying around.
    New-ish convert to film.
    Pentax MX for 35mm
    Bronica ETRS for 645

Shooter
    35mm
    My first was a Minolta HiMatic 9 purchased from Marshall Field &Co. at their store in downtown Chicago, December, 1969.

It met an untimely end when someone in my family, whoever is was never owned up to it, spilled a Pepsi all over it, wiped up the external signs and the shutter stuck tight in the next couple of days after I got back home.

Went from there to a Miranda D.

Shooter
    35mm
    A Chinon CX, c1975. Nice camera. It captured the 1970s as no modern camera ever will.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin