Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,274   Posts: 1,660,835   Online: 894

Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3943444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Praktica Nova 1B... it was stolen... then a Nikkormat black FtN... ohhhh what a delight, my first precision Camera. Nothing felt as well made until my Leica M3

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first (around 1970) was an Asahi Pentax H3. A few years later, I traded it for a Spotmatic, which I used through college, and into the 80's. I sold it to a friend, when I switched to Olympus. I went to visit her about a month ago, and she said, "got something for you." She gave me back the Spotmatic. It could use new seals, and the shutter needs exercising, but it felt great to hold it again. 30+ years later, it's come home...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Canon AV1.

Back in 1982 I was going on a trip to Knoxville Tennessee to see the Worlds Fair and then down to Florida to go swimming in the ocean. I was working part time at a Venture store while going to community college. My boss marked down the display Canon with flash to $80.00 so I bought that for my trip.

With the AV1 being aperture preferred only, I ended up selling it to help fund a Contax 139. It was the Canon AV1 though that really started my interest in photography.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hanimex Practika Super TL,a gift from a long departed uncle. Still have it although it's in need of a good CLR and finding someone willing to touch it seems impossible.

Shooter
    35mm
    Chinon CE4

Peace
    DCB <><

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I immediately started with medium format - a Brownie Hawkeye box camera shooting 620 film.

But first 35mm was a Miranda. A "D" I believe.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Welcome to APUG

Pax

Thanks...been hanging around for some time. Seems like a great place.

Peace
    DCB <><

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1972 Nikon FM;and soon after that 3lenses 50mm1.4;35mmf/2anf 85mmf/2;still all here and still workingas on day 1.sometimes ,I use the lenses with my D800.thank you Nikon for durability and compatibility
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Images
    Voigtlander Vitessa T. My father gave it to me in 1976; he bought it new in Germany in 1954 when he (we) were stationed there. He said I could use it to trade in on a 35mm SLR. Bought a Fujica ST605 but kept the Vitessa for years but never used it. Finally sold it. Really wish I had kept it now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by r-brian View Post
    Voigtlander Vitessa T. My father gave it to me in 1976; he bought it new in Germany in 1954 when he (we) were stationed there. He said I could use it to trade in on a 35mm SLR. Bought a Fujica ST605 but kept the Vitessa for years but never used it. Finally sold it. Really wish I had kept it now.
    seller's remorse is a big issue with me too
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin