Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,596   Posts: 1,622,369   Online: 874

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3434748495051525354555657 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine was a Nikon N2000 my photographer parents got me one Christmas. It was to remedy the awkward situation caused the year before when the FE they got my sister didn't seem particularly appreciated by her though it obviously had me no end of jealous. Since I wan't keen on what I then saw as the horrible limitations of the normal lens it came with (now is a different story), and my parents owned the camera store, we went that day so I could 'upgrade' that sweet prime Nikkor to one of those Vivitar all-in-one zoom jobbies that were a new thing at the time. Well, we live and learn don't we.

I can't say the combination didn't serve me well. The lens was probably half a dozen shades of rubbish but it was better than I was at the time so who's to be the wiser now. That all eventually got traded and upgraded and by my young and single days I had what I realize was a near ideal setup with an F2, an FM2 and a Mamiya C330 on the medium format end. I should have just stopped there but allowed myself to be seduced first by slick black plastic covered autofocus bodies with their wiz-bang LCD screens where all the dials should be, then to digital with the Mamiya getting sold somewhere along the way.

It was only about a year ago that I finally gave my head a good shake and realized it was just no fun anymore. I dusted off the old tanks and reels and got myself a veteran RB67 system. To my delight I found the (by my estimate) 18 year old HC-110 is still as good as ever. I recently re-acquired an F2 and am in the process of preparing several wiz-bang plastic covered cameras for online auction. I can't remember what ever happened to my sister's old FE though, but interestingly here it is some 30 years on and this past weekend I bought one just like it.

-Joe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nikon F3 HP

Shooter
    35mm
    pentax k1000...which also introduce me into film photography. I sold a lot of my slr camera, but I will keep my k1000 as a memory.

Shooter
    Large Format
    pentax spotmatic in 1968. Long gone but I just bought a "new" rollie 35S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    That reminds me, I need to keep my eyes open for a couple of those!
    The MX is a joy to use. I think I like shooting with mine more than I do with my LX. If it's not too small for you (and it isn't for me, in spite of large-ish hands) it's just a superb example of a well built, well designed all manual camera. I wish it had a "no trick needed" mirror lockup and that the meter went higher than EI 1600 but those quibbles are my only complaints.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Nikkormat Ftn with 50 mm f 2 and 24 mm f 2.8. Great camera that I used while a photog for the Daily Illini, the student paper at U of Illinois. Damn thing would not break, no matter the abuse I heaped upon it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Minolta SRT-201 recently given new life by John Titterington. (Plug intended!)

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen View Post
    I had some house brand from Cambridge in New York. I think it was Russian, but I can't really remember. It had a Pentax screw mount lens and a light meter that was in front of the prism just above the lens. I have no memory of what happened to it, however. I do remember getting a Pentax MX a few years later which was my first camera that I really used.
    That would be a Cambron, distinguished from a Zenit-E by having a piece of plastic with the word "Cambron" glued over the Zenit-E name

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Canon Ftb the first one not the Ftbn, a great camera with a nice 50 f1.8. I had a lot of fun with that camera. In recent years I have purchased another (actually 3 until I got a perfect one) but somehow the magic was gone.

Shooter
    35mm
    Chinon CE5

Peace
    DCB <><

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin