Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,857   Online: 946

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44448495051525354

Shooter
    35mm
    pentax k1000...which also introduce me into film photography. I sold a lot of my slr camera, but I will keep my k1000 as a memory.

Shooter
    Large Format
    pentax spotmatic in 1968. Long gone but I just bought a "new" rollie 35S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    That reminds me, I need to keep my eyes open for a couple of those!
    The MX is a joy to use. I think I like shooting with mine more than I do with my LX. If it's not too small for you (and it isn't for me, in spite of large-ish hands) it's just a superb example of a well built, well designed all manual camera. I wish it had a "no trick needed" mirror lockup and that the meter went higher than EI 1600 but those quibbles are my only complaints.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Nikkormat Ftn with 50 mm f 2 and 24 mm f 2.8. Great camera that I used while a photog for the Daily Illini, the student paper at U of Illinois. Damn thing would not break, no matter the abuse I heaped upon it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Minolta SRT-201 recently given new life by John Titterington. (Plug intended!)

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen View Post
    I had some house brand from Cambridge in New York. I think it was Russian, but I can't really remember. It had a Pentax screw mount lens and a light meter that was in front of the prism just above the lens. I have no memory of what happened to it, however. I do remember getting a Pentax MX a few years later which was my first camera that I really used.
    That would be a Cambron, distinguished from a Zenit-E by having a piece of plastic with the word "Cambron" glued over the Zenit-E name

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Canon Ftb the first one not the Ftbn, a great camera with a nice 50 f1.8. I had a lot of fun with that camera. In recent years I have purchased another (actually 3 until I got a perfect one) but somehow the magic was gone.

Shooter
    35mm
    Chinon CE5

Peace
    DCB <><

Shooter
    35mm
    As a kid my first cameras were either disposable things or this really late model kodak instamatic 110. The first time I owned a 35mm camera, it was a Canon Rebel 2000. I bought it as a kit with a cheap Sigma 28-80 and a 70-300. Obviously I came in very late in the film era, but that camera really sparked my interest in photography. So much so that I still have that camera and those lenses today. I don't know if it is just that I can't bring myself to sell them or if I haven't been able justify replacing the 70-300, but I still manage to find a use for both.

My film Rebel still finds a place in my bag most days, at least until I find a fun 35mm Rangefinder to take its spot.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yashica Lynx 14E

A neighbor had it, the shutter failed, and he chose to replace with with a new Minolta SRT-101, and gave me the broken Lynx. I was 10 years old. My parents paid $33 to have the shutter fixed.

I shot about 10 rolls in it - no two the same emulsion, as trying different films was, to me, part of the fun. Many of my pictures were shaken, poorly composed, or just uninteresting. Had far too many pictures where the subject was too far away from the camera to be prominent in the picture.

Then I went to take a picture of the twilight over a small lake. I was using a little telescope tripod for the time exposure. One bolt came out of the tripod, sending the unusual fixed-lens camera with an f1.4 lens into a wet death in Little Platte Lake.

I had much more success with a Ricoh 500G I bought 7 years later, shot about 50 rolls on it, still have it, still works.

I still get a gleam in my eye whenever I see a fast-lensed Japanese rangefinder camera of the era (Many Yashica models, Konica Auto-S, Minolta Hi-Matic 7, etc). They all have one thing in common - the shutters NEVER work!
    Last edited by 1L6E6VHF; 06-16-2014 at 09:43 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Forgot to add comment on broken fast lens rfdrs.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin