Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,812   Posts: 1,581,561   Online: 969

Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    A used Nikkormat which I think may have been an N with a 50 about 1968. That kept me going until it got stolen around 1977 when I replaced it with a used FM2. That was it until 1984 when I bought my first new camera. An F3 with used 24/2.8, 105/2.5 and 35 to 105 zoom. I managed to get my monies worth out of that one. It didn't get stolen until 2000 when I returned from the Sydney Olympics. Fortunately I had learned my lesson and had insured it all by then!!

Thanks for the thread,

Lou

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't remember the first 35...it was a borrowed camera, when I was on my H.S. yearbook club. I think it was a Canon.

The first 35 that was mine was an X-700 that I purchased shortly after H.S...still have it.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The first 35mm camera I used was my fathers' Welta Welti! I still have it - it has developed a slight problem in the film advance through 50 years of use, but the rest is still in exellent shape.
    Then as soon as I could afford it I bought a Praktika kit with LTL, 28, 50 and 100mm lenses. Some years later that got changed to Pentax ME; I still use Pentax.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Dad's Nikon FE.
    Years later I mistakenly bought a Nikon F401x. (should have got the FE)

Both still work fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Argus C3, given to me by my Dad around 1975.

I'd had a cheap 126 and a Polaroid Swinger before that, awful for the most part. Bought a Kodak 110 quickly followed by Vivitar 35mm in 1978/79. About 1980 I bought a Pentax MX which remains my favorite and probably one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Nathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After getting my feet wet with my dad's Flash Bantam 828, he broke down one day in a camera shop and bought me a Zenit E, along with a Vivitar 2X converter. It looked like a real camera, anyway! Scrounging up bulk film deals and D76 1:3 for economy had me burning lots of film and learning the ropes the hard way. The preset diaphram and clunky metering routine at least made for methodical learning....
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak Retina III C with the 50, 80, and 35 lens. Still have the camera and the 80, lost the 35.

Paul

Shooter
    35mm
    all through highschool i used disposable cameras, what ever i could get my hands on cheaply. most of them never made it to development.

2 years ago i picked up a popular photography magazine and decided that i wanted an slr. i went to the local camera shop and was directed towards a vivitar v3800n, which came with a k-mount 50mm f/1.7. i loved that camera it hardly left my side for a year. until i bought a nikkormat FTN, then shortly after bought a nikon F100.

i recently loaned my vivitar to a close friend who has been without a camera for a while. i loaned her the underground brand 135mm f/2.8 lens i picked up somewhere as well.

i long ago gave away the crappy tamron 70-300mm zoom i bought for that camera and i havent willingly used a zoom lens since. so i guess my only regret is buying that, i could have spent the money on alot of film.

Images
    Fuji something point and shoot. Worked well for about 8 years. Died the summer I met my now Wife.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Beseler Topcon (model ?). That thing had the loudest mirrorslap. Produced startled looks from people when I tripped the shutter. At least I hope it was the camera producing the startled looks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin