Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,827   Online: 886

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Difference between Canon Speedlights 420ez and 430ez

Are there any Canon experts out there who can help me with this? I have a friend who is looking for one of the above units, but she is having a hard time telling the difference. I found a web site that basically said that the 430EZ replaces the 420EZ and that the 430EZ supports flash exposure compensation. It sounds simple enough except that KEH has the 420EZ at a substantially higher price than the 430EZ. Is there something that anyone knows to explain this? Am I missing something that makes the 420EZ worth about 30-40% more than the 430EZ? By the way, the camera it will be used with is either an EOS 630 or 650, I can't remember for sure which one she has.

Thanks!

Paul Sorensen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As the 420 is the older model, and it was higherpriced than the 430, it sounds like KEH may have a mistake on their website, or they are not willing to sell for less then their cost to move the older inventory, but as far as more or less features, the 430 has a bit more whistles and bells than the 420 and if it is that much lower, I would definately purchase the 430, which is a very nice flash, I sold a heck of alot of them when I used to work in the photo store.

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    There are some minor differences between this two models. The two biggest differences seem to be the flash exposure compensation as you mentioned and the max. strobe frequency. For more information look at:
    http://www.photozone.de/2Equipment/canonflash.htm
    I can't explain, why the 430 is cheaper than the 420.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin