Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,484   Posts: 1,571,275   Online: 1059

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Don't worry I'm sure there will be plenty more in the future. However, if I'm desperate to bid for something then I use one of the free sniping websites -- www.auctionstealer.com. They'll place your bid about 20 seconds before the end of the auction for nothing. If you want to get them to place it closer, like 3 seconds before the end then you'll have to pay, but they're very useful if you've got a dodgy internet connection or you're out when the auction ends.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Dave, I appreciate it!

Mike, all I have to say is:

Cool! I never new such a thing existed!

Its actually kind of frightening... but not enough to desuade me from using it
    I know people say I get what I deserve, waiting for the last moment, but I have seen cases where something was going for lets say $10, and I was willing to pay $20. Someone came in with $11, then $15, then $18... and then gave up. The only result is that I had to pay more... I don't mind getting out bid, but I do mind paying more than I have to!(yes, I know its technically the same thing... it just feels like such a pointless waste of my money...)
    Anyway, I have some more lense in sight - one is a Kiron 28mm f2 - its going cheap, but there apparently a "small mark on lens that does not affect image quality!"... OK, then why go to all the lenghts of making them so clear and keeping them so clean??? I don't know how much I trust that...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg
    Don't worry I'm sure there will be plenty more in the future. However, if I'm desperate to bid for something then I use one of the free sniping websites -- www.auctionstealer.com. They'll place your bid about 20 seconds before the end of the auction for nothing. If you want to get them to place it closer, like 3 seconds before the end then you'll have to pay, but they're very useful if you've got a dodgy internet connection or you're out when the auction ends.

Mike
    I think sniping 15 or 20 seconds before the other snipers get in is a good thing... If one of the last-second snipers makes the same bid price as you, you win as you got yours in first. If they bid more than you, well, they would have won anyway. 20 seconds makes it too short for someone watching to enter a higher bid manually but lets you get in before the other snipers.

Sometimes, just because technology means you can do something, does not mean you should do it (look at pop-up adverts for another example ) ...

Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is very true - its a double edged sword...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    Thanks Dave, I appreciate it!

Anyway, I have some more lense in sight - one is a Kiron 28mm f2 - its going cheap, but there apparently a "small mark on lens that does not affect image quality!"... OK, then why go to all the lenghts of making them so clear and keeping them so clean??? I don't know how much I trust that...
    Gnashing

Where is this mark? If it's a smallone on the front element, don't worry about it. The Kiron 28mm f/2 and 24mm f/2, are nice lenses.

Kiron Kid

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I use auctionsniper sometimes. It's also good for setting a rational $ limit, walking away, and not overbidding (more than you realistically should spend, for whatever reason) manually at the end of the auction!

Murray
    Murray

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray@uptowngallery
    I use auctionsniper sometimes. It's also good for setting a rational $ limit, walking away, and not overbidding (more than you realistically should spend, for whatever reason) manually at the end of the auction!

Murray
    Murray

That's impossible. We are photographers and gear junkies. We'd never "overbid" for something, just because we "have" to have it.....

Kiron Kid
    Last edited by Kiron Kid; 12-14-2007 at 12:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Apparently the markis on the front element and is tiny. The seller,in all fairness, did provide nice, big pictures of the actual item - and I see something in one of the front views, but it could be anything, a reflection, spec of dust, etc. This is the item:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MakeTrack=true

What do you think?

Peter.

PS. My wife almost fell down laughing at the TV commercial ( It think its future shop) where a bunch of guys are pleading with their wives - one is jogging ans says"If I had an MP3 player, I would actually enjoy this!", another says:"Yes... it CAN play games... But that's not why I want it..."

The clincher was the guy who says:"Honey, this is probably one of the last cameras I'll ever buy..."
    That did it for her We are, most of us, beyond help...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a thought - Canon 28mm f2.8 vs Kiron 28mm f2, if price hovers around the same level, which would be a more prudent choice? Is there any significant gain in quality with the Canon to offset the half (it is half?) stop extra of the Kiron? I have an eye on one of these as well. Apparently the Canon has no marks on it at all, where the Krion has a small one on the front element... Oh, what to do...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    Just a thought - Canon 28mm f2.8 vs Kiron 28mm f2, if price hovers around the same level, which would be a more prudent choice? Is there any significant gain in quality with the Canon to offset the half (it is half?) stop extra of the Kiron? I have an eye on one of these as well. Apparently the Canon has no marks on it at all, where the Krion has a small one on the front element... Oh, what to do...
    Gnashings

Either one will give you nice results. However, the Kiron f/2, is a full stop faster than the Canon f/2.8 model.

Kiron Kid

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin