Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,473   Online: 970

Wickford,Rhode Island, US (suburban/rural)
    Shooter
    35mm

shutter delay problem on F3

Hi all, I'm out in Jerusalem with my Nikon F3 and without my instruction manual. I think I pushed the wrong button. As I was loading another roll of TRI-X, and clicking through the first few frames, I noticed that I'd hear "half a click" when I pushed down the shutter...couldn't advance the lever...then about 10 seconds later, the second "half click" occurs and frees the advance lever up. This is repeatable.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Chaim

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    perhaps you have engaged the self timer. i think, as it has been a long time since i had one, that button is on the front of the camera , lower section of the left side.

Wickford,Rhode Island, US (suburban/rural)
    Shooter
    35mm

fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by chaim
    Hi all, I'm out in Jerusalem with my Nikon F3 and without my instruction manual. I think I pushed the wrong button. As I was loading another roll of TRI-X, and clicking through the first few frames, I noticed that I'd hear "half a click" when I pushed down the shutter...couldn't advance the lever...then about 10 seconds later, the second "half click" occurs and frees the advance lever up. This is repeatable.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Chaim
    the f3 doesn't like being set on autoexposure with the lens cap on...

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    well, what can i say, you didn't indicate that you had the lens cap on

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Chaim, though I'm not Nikon user (you seem to resolve your issue already), just would like to wish you to enjoy my country. Jerusalem offer lots of great B&W opportunities indeed.

Don't hesitate to ask for local help (my email is in my profile) should you need one.

Regards, Alex
    Israel

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin