Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,743   Online: 1108

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Need info on Canon T50

One of the students in my new Photo 1 class has a Canon T50 and I can't figure the thing out. It would appear that there is no capability at all to set the shutter speed with this camera and that the only way to operate it is in Program mode. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide.

Paul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Paul,

Yuppers, the T50 was one of the least expensive of the T line Canons and did not offer much in the way of adjustments, Kind of like the Nikon EM, very basic cameras.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    One of the students in my new Photo 1 class has a Canon T50 and I can't figure the thing out. It would appear that there is no capability at all to set the shutter speed with this camera and that the only way to operate it is in Program mode. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide.

Paul.
    The T50 makes all decisions regarding aperture and shutter speed. The only shutter speed you can 'set' is X-synch, 1/60th of a second by moving it off the "A" position.

http://elearning.winona.edu/jjs/canon_t-50.pdf

NOT a good camera with which to learn about photographic principles.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ugly, too

I found these pages very informative and thorough whenever I had any Canon questions (except the EF - thankfully, APUG was there to help!).

This is the one specific to theT50...

Unfortunately, I think it just confirms what others have already pointed out...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for confirming the sad truth. For all of the automation that you now see on modern cameras, at least everything I have seen recently has a manual setting. I remember the days of the EM, the Pentax ME and others where the user was assumed to be incapable of making even basic decisions. I guess the past wasn't always better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well... if you ever wanted "L" glass on a "pointless & shot"....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin