I have a Sigma AF 1.6x, MD-MA Multi Converter, made for fitting a Minolta manual focus lens to a Minolta Maxxum autofocus camera to retain autofocus function along with full-aperture metering and diaphragm automation. It works as well as can be expected, of course, when partnering with my Minolta lenses, but I want to get adventurous (as usual)...

I have ancient Minolta lenses with manual diaphragm and I would like to try them, and of course, with Minolta's own adapters for fitting M42 screw and Exakta mount lenses to (manual focus) cameras I can get really adventurous with my collection of other lenses. The problem is that I do not have an instruction manual for this piece of equipment, so I have no idea how to set the indexing setting on the converter, which tells the camera the maximum aperture of the lens, among other issues.

While I am not expecting the original manual to detail the ways of such experimental combinations, I wonder if anyone has experiences with it, and care to share insights.

Thank you!