Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,956   Online: 1118

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hoya lenses used to get great reviews in some of the photo magazines, some were good others were right dogs. They gained such an indifferent name and disappeared. Of course the plant contiued making lenses but the designs and build quality were changed and they were sold under a different brand name.

I bought a new 28mm Hoya WA, wonderfully sharp but so prone to flare it wasn't practical to use on a bright sunny day. In fact the only realistic & honest magazine review said just that but came out 2 or 3 months after my purchase.

Hoya had the potential to have been up alongside the Vivitar S1 and Tamron SP ranges but they didn't make it and in fact lagged behing Vivitar & Tamron's cheaper ranges in overall quality acrooss their range of lenses.

Ian

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Thanks for the reality check.

If I can make it fit an old Kodak Retina Reflex S (have some spare Deckel bayonets, it'll be more for fun/novelty than critical work anyway.
    Murray

Shooter
    Pinhole
    It arrived; glass is perfect but most accessible screws are loose (who knows about the inaccessible ones?), the one-touch zoom can't hold itself tilted away from horizontal.

I tightened everything I could reach. I think optically it'll mount on the Deckel mount OK without vignetting, but I gotta deal with the next level of looseness (internal). That part's getting scary (tore it down as far as I could without problems rebuilding) so I better find someone else who's done the next level of teardown so I don't end up with a bucket of parts.
    Murray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin