Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,605   Online: 804

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole

Hoya zoom from late 70's? Anyone remember

I just won a dirt cheap Hoya zoom for experiments.

70-210/3.8 I guess that implies constant aperture, a minor 'plus' to start out with.

Anyone know where they fell in the 'food chain' with Vivitar/Kiron, etc. I don't have any idea if they were affiliated with Tokina then.

Thanks

Murray
    Murray

Shooter
    35mm
    Murray

The Hoya's were never marketed or made by Kiron (Kino Precision Industries) or Vivitar. Did you receive my reply that I sent you through the Kiron Klub?

Kiron Kid

gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just bought one from a used camera store website also. I have not tried it yet, but the focus and one touch zoom features work very smoothly. The multicoated lens is free of surface defects. I will try to shoot some negatives this weekend.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][/FONT][SIZE=7][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrange][/COLOR] I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    OK! I look forward to hearing about it. Somone else told me it was very comparable to the Kiron or Viv Series 1 that is a favorite of his.
    Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Murray, I have one of these (multicoated - like new) in a Contax/Yashica mount. I bought it on Ebay 2-3 years ago (about $30. as I recall). An ok lens - not a Zeiss, but ok performance.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Pinhole
    thank you
    Murray

Shooter
    127 Format
    I picked up something similar at a garage sale a month or so back. I don't normally shoot 35mm but can't resist a bargain.

The results were average, but it sure was a lot of fun.

Ian

Shooter
    Pinhole
    OK,

I'm not sure how bad a lens will have to be for me to take offense to it. Any output taken with the intended target camera will be unlikely to be any larger than 8x10, adn I won't be doing resolution tests. If it flares objectionably, I'll realize 'what did you expect from any zoom with so many elements?'

Thanks

Murray
    Murray

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray@uptowngallery
    OK,

I'm not sure how bad a lens will have to be for me to take offense to it. Any output taken with the intended target camera will be unlikely to be any larger than 8x10, adn I won't be doing resolution tests.
    Thanks

Murray
    Murray

I agree. We tend to get too caught up with lens resolution, contrast charts, etc. Most lenses will perform better than our eyes will. Especially at 8x10" and smaller sized prints.

Kiron Kid

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Gotta watch the film too. That roll of slide film I just did had been discontinued, sale price. I then read web reviews & there were enough people who hated it to make me wonder. I just looked at the scans (pro lab, not home flatbed), and it is indeed grainy & lifeless to me. I used three different lenses on one roll, so I think the lenses don't get the credit for disappointment...I'll let the film have that.
    Murray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin