Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,284   Posts: 1,535,058   Online: 1074

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, folks

Shooter
    35mm

Hello, folks

Hopefully I've negotiated the registration & membership correctly...I guess we'll see if this note posts or not. Last week, a buyer of one of my light seal kits mentioned this site, and I have to say it looks very good. Sorry I've missed it up to this point. Some of you may know me...on E-Bay I'm Interslice. That's about it for now. I use, collect and repair cameras, sell light seal and a few other things. I look forward to getting to know you all.
    Jon

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome, Jon!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Jon. Welcome to the APUG forums.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indeed, welcome in this place. But you better watch out - there is a very infectuous disease going round this forum. You'll know when the virus has struck when you start having rather inexplicable yearnings for large or even ultra large format photography.

We see it happen here on a daily basis. Just last week someone bought a new toy: a 7x17" back.

There is no known cure yet.

Cheers,
    medform-norm
    (who has resisted till so far, but is coming closer to the edge every day)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Jon, good to see you here, still using one of your kits!

Andy (Minitar1 on ebay).

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome. Bought one of your kits some time ago - still have most of it left (you do realise you are doing yourself out of repeat custom by including so much stuff! ). Still, there's always more old cameras whose light seals have turned to goo...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Welcome Jon, I too have used your seal kit and was very pleased with the product and service. This is a great place to visit and talk photography. You are amongst friends here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    - still have most of it left (you do realise you are doing yourself out of repeat custom by including so much stuff! ).
    OMG!! SSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i, too have one of your kits i used for an x-570 (proudpappa). welcome!
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    35mm

Wow, thanks folks!

A nice surprise! A warm welcome and a compliment on the seal kits, too. Nice way to make a very hot Saturday morning seem a bit nicer. Oh, and let's see, I received a couple of warnings...there was one on medium & large format gear. I think I successfully divorced myself from that almost 30 years ago, but occasionally I get a temptatio...nope, can't have it. Can't do that again. And what else? The size of the kits. Actually the kits have just been improved, and the improvement was done to benefit the users of medium & large format equipment. In lieu of the 1/16" neoprene (which was really sort of redundant since there was 1.5mm open-celled foam), the kits now come with a sheet of 2mm open-celled foam which was used in some medium & large format gear. But the size of the kits has not decreased and the price has remained the same...I gave up becoming another Bill Gates by selling camera light seal materials several years ago. Thanks again for the nice welcome. Oh, in case anyone here needs any, I also have some nice shutter cloth (very thin and consistent--works well in Leica and clones) & shutter ribbons, also commercial double sided pressure sensitive adhesive (for many applications including but not limited to: Leather replacement, re-shuttering, re-fastening dial covers, re-fastening lens focus ring cushions, etc.). I sell it by word of mouth since the demand is occasional.
    Jon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin