Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,935   Online: 1181

Shooter
    Multi Format

Leave well enough alone.

Boy do I feel like an idiot. The Nikkor 28-70 3.5-4,5 lens was given me by a friend had a slight problem.You had to give it a bit of a twist to get it past 35mm.Nothing major but a bit annoying.
    I decided on this rainy afternoon to see if I could fix it myself and now cannot get the front element to screw into the main body. Can anyone tell me if I turn it clockwise or counterclockwise?
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike,

Do you have the spanner wrenches that work with the retaining rings, if not, sometimes the ring is flexable enough to bend a bit, and will not allow the threads to engage, they should screw in clockwise.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You know, I also always seem to take things apart and get in over my head....

Must be a familial trait, eh Mike?
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained
    Money is not the problem. The problem is, I don't have any.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had one spec of dust on a focusing screen once.... now I have two scratches and a marred area... and the original spec. I know how you feel...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hate to sound sexist but I think it might be "a guy thing". When something is a little bit off kilter, just slightly left of center so to speak, our minds over ride our better judjement and its out to the tool shed we go. Be it a camera,car,toaster,or microwave nothing seems unfixable.
    I like the words of wisdom often quoted by our Canadian guru of home repair, Red Green. "If it ain"t broken,
    you"re not trying hard enough"
    I will be posting for a replacement lens in the near future.Although the Nikkor was a gift to me I had given it to my girlfriend. She has forgiven me,sort of,but mon oh man our couch sure is uncomfortable to sleep on.
    "If life hands you a lemon,
    make lemonade"

Good Lighting All,
    Mike-of-the-many-thumbs

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin