Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,492   Posts: 1,542,973   Online: 874

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon aperture priority cameras (such as the KM, EM, and others) had the "feature" that the meter would peg and refuse to budge is you chose an aperture outside of the allowable range for a particular film speed. This was poorly documented and often causes confusion.

When I first purchased a used EM, I thought the meter was behaving erratically and almost sent it in for repair.

Another feature with some Nikons is that the meter will not turn until two or more frames have been wound off to get past the film leader.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The intention of my post was to point out that not only Pentax but also Nikon produced poor documentation. The first sentence got a bit scrambled in that the KM is not a Nikon Model.

The Pentax ME Super is a little less confusing because it uses LED's rather than a needle.

Too many cameras with similar model names EM, ME, KM, ...!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin