Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,713   Posts: 1,514,687   Online: 897

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Dri-rite at Lowes/Home Depot in the paint section. Get the refill. About $5-6 and will last you a very, very long time. It's a dessicant used to dry musty closets before painting.

It's similar to silica, can be recharged by baking it in an oven.. Just toss some in a 35mm film can with holes poked in the lid and sides.

Shooter
    Medium Format

mail order silica gel.

See LeeValley.com.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...28&cat=1,43326

Lee Valley shipping cost is usually CDN$9 - $12.

Poor man's method: Using a Pelican case, or some airtight box [washed out olive jars from the delicatessen], put in a dry, hot towel. It will absorb humidity. Remove towel after an hour or so, put in another warm dry one [right out of clothes dryer] until the storage vessel is again exposed to humid air.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Photographers in Germany will find good, cheap stuff here: http://www.hobby-photo.de. I purchased 2 kilos before I visited south asia during monsoon. Put lenses and camera together with a handful of silikagel in a sock into a plastic bag and close it. Don't forget to dry the silicagel in an oven after a while. The better silicagel products show that they need to be dried by changing their colour.

Shooter
    Pinhole

Silica gel products factory

I am a new member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin