Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,834   Online: 1117

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gchpaco
    I've flatlined the batteries on an FM3a before because the MD-12 will always insist that the body power the meter if it's on.
    Me thinks your MD-12 is more of an MD-11 or not working properly. An MD-12 will automatically shut off even an FE's battery consumption after about 30s, something the camera can't do on its own. An external 2-pin release cord will drain the batteries of any camera used as long as the MD is switched on, though.

best

Stefan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by narsuitus
    With the exception of mirror lock-up [...] has all the features I need
    The FM3a has Mirror-prefire together with the self-timer. Best thing since sliced bread if you ask me. The finder image comes back right after the exposure with no additional fiddling and engaging it is one push with your index-finger (you don't have to fully cock the self-timer btw.).

best

Stefan

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Revy
    I much prefer prime lenses. I would get either an 85mm or a 105mm for portraits, and skip the 80-200mm. I have one zoom, and the negs just don't have the same sharpness, somehow. If money is an issue, try KEH.

Welcome to APUG, and enjoy yoru time here.
    I second that: And welcome to APUG. I have only three lenses now 35/f2 85/f2 105/f2 sold my AFS 08-200/2.8 as it was really just a little too cumbersome to cart around all day and the tripod mount was real MICKY MOUSE! Anyway, I prefer to travel light. If I were to buy another (I won't as for me prime lenses rule) I'd go for the older 2 rring model; less of a beast, cheaper and just as good optically.

The FM3a has Mirror-prefire together with the self-timer. Best thing since sliced bread if you ask me. The finder image comes back right after the exposure with no additional fiddling and engaging it is one push with your index-finger (you don't have to fully cock the self-timer btw.).

best

Stefan
    As stared above: The FM3a dose have mirror lock up (sure you know this) linked to the self timer, one very neat idea really. I don't miss the none inclusive spot meter as I use a hand held Sekonic set at 1-deg. Most in built spot meters alter slightly with lens angle, not a problem, just my idiom, and it helps me to slow down and concentrate rather than snap away. The FM3a is a real nice bit of kit and the AE lock button a dream for street photography. Can't think of a present day 35mm camera that comes close to it as a working tool; well, maybe my F5, but thats another story. Hope you enjoy your time on here and your FM3a.
    All the best.

B.

PS. Just a couple of pet dislikes really....setting/feel of the ASA/ISO dial is real naf and the chrome button is a little slippery, agian, just a small glitch in an otherwise wonderful camera.
    Last edited by shadesofgrey; 08-28-2005 at 06:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin