Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,358   Online: 1024

Thread: I'm Happy!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

I'm Happy!

I went on a spending spree this week, after selling my SR7 and two autowinders (G), I splurged on an XD-5 body (pristine), a 35mm rangefinder (Voigtlander Vitomatic II and a 220 film holder for my M645 and 645J. It was a good week. I say more power to the digital revolution. Because the more people buy those digital cameras the better the prices are on the golden era items they let go for peanuts. Thanks!
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, good for you! It sounds like you're going to have lots of fun with your new goodies

May I ask though, why the 220 film holder for your MF? I thought that 220 film had gone the way of the doedoe bird. Just curious

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    the inevitable bargains on 220 film i anticipate when the next round of digital madness takes over.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    May I ask though, why the 220 film holder for your MF? I thought that 220 film had gone the way of the doedoe bird. Just curious
    I just recently purchased a few pro-packs of Kodak NPC 160 and NPC 400 in 220 format from B & H. It's still possible to get it, and I do like the 30 exposure per roll feature for some purposes.

In Kodak B & W they also have 400CN (Chromogenic), Plus-X, and Tri-X available and in stock in 220.

I would say, if you like the length, buy it while you can.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The devil of it is that my local labscharge triple for processing (C-41) over 35mm. I love the format for color, but the processing is killing me.

I had a roll of 120 and a roll of 220 processed and printed by my local pro lab and got slammed for $50.00! Ouch!

Note to self: Learn to process C-41....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    I'm not having any trouble getting 220. I bought 150 rolls of 220 Tri-X about six weeks ago and even my local Jessops had Fuji 400 speed col neg in 220 last time I was in. I just wish Ilford would bring Delta 400 back in 220 and my photographic life would be complete.

David.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin