Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,954   Posts: 1,522,790   Online: 970

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Nikon N90 - Geez it even makes coffe

I just picked up two N90's for my underwater stuff. One came with a SB25 flash. Holly cow these freak'n cameras have more intelligence than I do LOL.

No wonder everyone and their dog think they can be a wedding photographer. You don't have to know anything about fill flash, metering all that stuff that took me years to learn. Of course you still have to know how to pose people, but what the heck you can scan the negs and fix everything in PS can't you?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've been wanting one for awhile so I can make my N80 a backup..... My partner shoots a N90S, with the battery pack... Quite a nice camera....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you have a Palm PDA, be sure to track down the N90 buddy program so you can stash automated logs to your PC. great for quality control/billing/etc

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    funny, i have had a 90s for years and an f100, don't have a clue about the options; only use it in manual mode.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    funny, i have had a 90s for years and an f100, don't have a clue about the options; only use it in manual mode.

Does the N90, focus real quickly? I'm considering getting one for my girlfriend. She's manually focusing "challenged." I have the SB-24 and SB-600, to slap on it. They should work well with it? The F100, sure is tempting too....

Kiron Kid

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    yes it does, the only reason i got rid of my F3 was "old age" eyes just aren't what they use to be.
    I did find there was a learning curve with auto focus, but that was my doing not the camera.

Reality is i use the 90 much more than the 100 and in fact if i could go back i would have gotten another 90 rather than the 100. Nothing wrong with the 100, it has to do with the location of the controls, and how one changes the fstops and shutter speeds.
    The 90 fits my experiences.
    Both are great and when i did switch out camera bodies i decided against the F5, too many whistles and bells that wouldn't be used. They seem to be a good decision as i don't use the whistles and bells on the ones i have lol

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    yes it does, the only reason i got rid of my F3 was "old age" eyes just aren't what they use to be.
    I did find there was a learning curve with auto focus, but that was my doing not the camera.

Reality is i use the 90 much more than the 100 and in fact if i could go back i would have gotten another 90 rather than the 100. Nothing wrong with the 100, it has to do with the location of the controls, and how one changes the fstops and shutter speeds.
    The 90 fits my experiences.
    Both are great and when i did switch out camera bodies i decided against the F5, too many whistles and bells that wouldn't be used. They seem to be a good decision as i don't use the whistles and bells on the ones i have lol

Ann

Thanks. I won't be using it much. It'll be for my girlfriend.At 45 years of age, my eyes are still sharp. Hers, on the other hand..... I figured it would mate well with one of my Nikon poppers. I still love using my FM's, FE's & FE-2's.

Thanks
    Kiron Kid

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They're smart, but not that smart. It took me a while to figure out that the vaunted "3D" TTL flash metering on these cameras doesn't work. As soon as the subject is more than 3 meters away the cameras drastically underexpose. I'm quite happy with manual focus and exposure cameras these days.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a Nikon F90X which I have used a lot, but only did after my Nikon F had an accident. Now I am back to simple box cameras with my Hasselblad. I don't know,
    I don't feel like a "real" photographer with all that automatic stuff!
    Great camera anyway!
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hear the next version of Photoshop will give you an acceptable image even if you leave the lens cap on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin