Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,753   Posts: 1,483,916   Online: 1170

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Try calling me OCD now!

Some people I know thought I was a bit obsessive compulsive because I have 2 Nikon F3's. They thought it was excessive.

So I'm on vacation in San Francisco last week and mid-roll the shutter freezes on one of the F3's. I reach into my camera bag and pull out the other. Viola! I don't think I'll ever leave the house with only one camera any more. The camera bag is heavy, but I'm a strapping young lad and I don't mind the exercise.

Has anyone had any similar experiences?

Ara
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    At Yosemite, I dropped a camera in a parking lot. It died on impact.

Fortunately, it was not the only camera I had with me.

You're fine.

Cheers y'all.

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got three Ricohs all the same model. Of course all three put together cost less then one F3 -)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ara Ghajanian
    Some people I know thought I was a bit obsessive compulsive because I have 2 Nikon F3's. They thought it was excessive.

So I'm on vacation in San Francisco last week and mid-roll the shutter freezes on one of the F3's. I reach into my camera bag and pull out the other. Viola! I don't think I'll ever leave the house with only one camera any more. The camera bag is heavy, but I'm a strapping young lad and I don't mind the exercise.

Has anyone had any similar experiences?

Ara
    I carry 3 Bronica SQ-A bodies with me to wedding jobs - you never know when something is going to need a diaper change.

I had a battery die in the middle of the cake cutting once. Sure, it's a simple matter to change out a battery, but NOT if it means having to remove the camera from the flash bracket, take the QR plate off the bottom of the speed grip, remove the speed grip, and FINALLY get to the battery cover. Oh yes... all the while doing this in a darkened room!

No thank you, I'll carry multiple bodies, ready to go.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I most always carry 2 bodies, when I worked I used a F(F, F2 or F3) body with a Lica GIII or Canon 7 rangfinder, then a F3 with FA or FG, after my F3 was ripped off I bought a Sigma SA7 then later a SA9. My other outfit is a Spotmatic with a GAF body with winder, or MF and a 4X5 or a 35 for backup. I usually shot color in one body and b&w in the other. If I am traveling by car I will also pack a point and shoot or Cannon IIIG and a 120 TLR. As depended as the Sigma is on the battery I always want a spare with me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    I carry 3 Bronica SQ-A bodies with me to wedding jobs - you never know when something is going to need a diaper change.
    Hmmm? 3 bodies? Maybe I'll pick up another F3.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes those darned Professional Nikons, you just never know when one will breakdown. Seems like it happens every couple thousand rolls. I am not in favor of half measures.

You should also duplicate all your lenses also.

In fact 3 of everything would be even better.

After that I would feel that you are OCD but think of how muscular you would be. You, all by yourself, could cause over crowding in that county which is considered a state.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ... Thats all the trouble with these F3's ..... why not get a professional camera ?

(... just dived out of range)

:-)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you own a lot of lenses of one particular system, I think it's a good idea to have two bodies. Even setting aside emergencies, you might want to send one for routine maintenance or repair and have another one to use in the meanwhile. Since Bronica stuff is so cheap, I have two S2A bodies for that reason.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have 3 canon AE-1's.... I was poor at the time and buying another body was cheaper than getting a CLA. 2 of them have squeeky shutters, so I bought a 3rd body that didn't.... I have a nikon N80 and I also want an F5 for a primary (for weddings)... I also have a Pentax 645, my beloved Mamiya C330 and I usually have all of them, as well as my Holga when shooting a wedding..... Sometimes I want some E6 or IR for a shot and I can't have my primary filled with either, since I shoot 90% B&W.... I use the mamiya for "detail" shots (wide angles, flowers, cake) and I use the Pentax for all the formals... 35mm for the candid stuff..... Yeah, two heavy bags, but, they are not heavier than me......

Now when I do street stuff or travel stuff, I only carry three bodies....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin