Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,448   Online: 933

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I recall in the 90s a Saturday Night Live skit that had Levis coming out with "3 legged jeans"....
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Silly me, I bought a bag from Manfrotto for my tripod.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a very good idea.

Except...now we'll recognize who's an APUG'r because they will be the ones wearing one legged levi's....
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkroomstudios
    Hmmm.. as Bob Fowler can attest, I just split a pair of Jeans last week... I better go get 'em out of the trash Love the idea.
    To be clear... I only HEARD his pants split, I didn't actually SEE the split...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    To be clear... I only HEARD his pants split, I didn't actually SEE the split!
    FWIW - I was packing for a trip earlier this afternoon and found that if I take the ball head off my Bogen 3001, it fits perfectly in my suitcase. Wrap the ballhead in a towel and it's ready to go...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    35mm
    My girl friend came up with this idea to, she said all of you people who fish out there to make it waterproof try this, if you still have those old PVC rain coats with the pance, the ones that make you sweat bullets all of the time. Cut the legs off and with a good sewing machine and some H.D. thread or fishing line sew the PVC at the bottom of the leg where the elastic is and on the top also, if you have any old water proof boots you do not like cut them into strips and sew them around the bottom of the leg inside and out and around the top also and to keep the top nice and tight use velcro to seal it from any rain, snow or water, this way it will be bullet proof. It might be a little more work but. We started to but mine together today.

Oh, by the way she is a Blond with long hair and blue eyes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by eric
    My mom is in town doing some sewing. Gonna get some old kid's curtains and make a curtain area for my darkroom (some of it teddy bear patterns but its just to keep dog hair out of the area). I was thinking of getting some denim from the fabric store to make a tripod roll when it hit me!

I have about 3 or 4 pairs of old Levi's. I slipped the tripod in one of the legs and presto! Works great. I just need to close the leg and patch a hole. Kinda cool.

McGuyverismm works.

Brilliant and stylish. Thanks for sharing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin