Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,321   Posts: 1,536,859   Online: 1138

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format

I have my answer!

The 1n's and 2n's ARE affected by the prism foam. I received my tool set from Beljan today and (in between rediculous political sniping in the soap box) performed the operation on my beater OM-2n. It went remarkably well, and I'll be doing the rest of my OM bodies soon. I can't say enough good about Joe Beljan's OM tool set, it's probably the best $40 I've spent on ebay in quite awhile. (usual disclaimer: I have no financial interests with Beljan Mfg.)

Bruce

Shooter
    35mm

OM-1 foam

Quote Originally Posted by BruceN
    I just discovered this. Does anyone know which models are affected? Is it only the OM-1's and 2's, or are the newer 1n and 2n models affected as well?

Thanks,

Bruce
    OM-1's (chrome) were produced with prism foam up to approximate serial serial number of about 1,110,000. Above that number (and continuing to where the 1N chrome started) they were produced without prism foam. MANY old OM-1 bodies show deteriorated prism foam by dark green or black blotches in the viewfinder. Once a blotch shows up, it means the old foam has turned to goo and eaten through the paint and aluminum coating on the prism. The only rela fix is to replace the prism. OM-1 Black were also made with prism foam up to the same serial number. Unfortunately, ALL 1N bodies were made WITH prism foam. Hope this helps!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin