Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,570,016   Online: 877

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon N80

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not mentioned so far is Lens compatiblity.
    With the F80 you loose lightmetering with non AF lenses i.e. AIS and AI.
    F100 is compatible with non AF- as well as G-lenses
    F90X is not compatible with G-lenses, at least not in M and A modes.
    I use 28mm AIS and 180mm AIS on my F90X and the only drawback is I have centerweighed and spot metering only but since I use spot 95% anyway its no problem.
    How does the viewfinder compare ?
    Do you like your camera light or a bit more heavy (rare, medium or welldone )
    S°ren

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by madvax
    It depends on the lens you're using. AF is pretty fast when I use primes, and slow with my cheap 70-300 zoom (plus it sounds like this thing is powered by a diesel engine )
    Ironically, I just bought my first prime for it and a haven't used it yet... Good to know.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighead
    It also uses one of those little lights, for low light situations, for the AF, which also annoys the crap out of me... If I am trying to shoot something candid, the light tips the people off....
    You can turn this feature off, through the menu.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin