Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,131   Online: 1051

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Your starter for 10.... just for fun

Okay o' knowledgeable ones, what camera am I describing. 1.Winder on L.H.S. 2. Frame counter (manual reset) on top plate R.H.S. 3.Film rewind release button/leaver on rear of top plate and left of viewfinder. 4. Viewfinder has nice deep blue coating (viewed from front of camera) and a real 'Time tunnel' effect when you look through it. 5.Shutter speeds are B-125/s. 6.Film loading by turning lock on base plate clockwise and then sliding off plastic back/case. 7.Presure plate (bright steel?) is hinged to frame aperture. 8.Tripod bush is on far left (rear view) of base plate. 9.Makers logo on bottom left (front view) of plastic case/back. 10. 35mm format. Bought today at a boot sale for £2.00 along with a Diana. The Above is in very nice condition and everything works. The Diana looks like it's been through a hedge backwards! Don't think that will affect the quality of its picture taking though; do you!

All the best

B.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The description sounds almost like a Rollei 35 except some of the controls are in slightly different positions and the R35 doesn't have a plastic back or chome pressure plate, not to mention auto reset frame counter in the bottom.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Qualls
    The description sounds almost like a Rollei 35 except some of the controls are in slightly different positions and the R35 doesn't have a plastic back or chome pressure plate, not to mention auto reset frame counter in the bottom.

Not a Rollei. Interesting comparison though. Okay, try this. Lens is Meyer-Optic Gorlitz Trioplan 45mm f3.5. Film rewind knob is on base plate. Circa 1936-ish. It was the viewfinder that caught my eye; a real deep blue tint when viewed from the front.

B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Praktika ?
    Søren

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Canon 11mpix Digital SLR?

Arrrrgghhhh....posted on the wrong website...AGAIN!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren
    Praktika ?
    Søren
    Hmmm....You got the 'P' bit right P------ -

Hi modafoto....you or me?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Pentacon ?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    Pentacon ?
    Oooo! Very close! P------ 2 or P------ 11

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pentacon II

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren
    Pentacon II

Very good Soeren, like it. Perhaps this £1.00 boot sale gem is more obscure than I thought? Think of a Diana in 35mm format, top half made of metal and a better lens. Thought the viewfinder would have sparked a flash of memory, never seen one like it, but then, I've only been in love with photography for 40 years and there's so much to learn and see.
    B.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin