Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,385   Online: 774

Shooter
    Multi Format

Zeiss Ikon Contessamat light meter - is it possible to repair?

Hello.
    I'm going to get Zeiss Ikon Contessamat, but it has not working light meter. As far as I understand, it has selenium exposure meter, that's "exhausted" due to its age. Is it possible to repair it?

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the fised lens Contessa family are very interesting and funny cameras.
    I've found that light meters work in most of the ones I've gotten.

Selenium meteres are not killed as much by age/light as they are by humidity/corrosion.
    If the meter responds to light when it gets to your hands you maybe able to adjust the variable resistor in the metering system, also when you lift the top section check and see if the contacts are corroded or loose, and clean or resolder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks a lot.

I hope I'll get the camera in my hands in the nearest future.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I completely agree with titrisol - the meters in these cameras usually are not killed by age... at least in my Vito CLR of the same age the meter works well within 1/2 stop. That's maybe because Gossen was an OEM manufacturer of the meters for Voigtlaender and Zeiss Ikon. Maybe the real problem is related to corroded wires or some passive elements (resistors) in circuitry, or the galvanometer wire is bent? Good luck with your repair, I love such type of cameras very much

Eugene

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin