Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,033   Online: 992

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Tokina Macro Zoom 70-210 RMC M42 - what's this?

Hello friends,

today I was in our camera shop, and found there an excellent specimen of Tokina Macro Zoom 70-210/3.5, RMC coating, auto aperture M42 lens, with built-in light hood. Well, the question is simple - should I take it for $85, or it's a garbage in optical sense? Everything tells me that it should be a good add-on to my Spotmatic, especially its macro capability - but I didn't ever use zooms on 135 film, really

Cheers from Moscow,
    Zhenya

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shot the 70-210 range of zooms in the m42 mount for years, Vivitars, Tokina, etc, most of the time they were good performing lenses and this particular zoom range was one of and continues to be a very popular zoom range, I would shoot a few test shots with it if possible then make the choice from there, if they won't let you shoot a test roll, then walk away from it.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When the lens was new, "RMC" lenses were the top of the Tokina line.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When the lens was new, "RMC" lenses were the top of the Tokina line.
    Actually, I'm not sure about that. RMC is just the coating, ATX was/is top of the line.

Julian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Normally if you find it with the RMC designation, you will also find the ATX designation, depending on how old it actually is.

Dave

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin