Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,830   Online: 808

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Nikon F3 HP meter

Can someone tell me what the diameter of the meter is in degrees for the standard 50mm lens on a Nikon F3 HP?

It appears to be sensitive within approximately the split screen area, and secondarily sensitive within the prism focus ring around the split screen focus.

My son is using this camera in a photo class he is taking. I am trying to explain to him the difference between my 1 degree spot and the angle of sensitivity of the camera.

Thanks for the help

Pete
    "…Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."

Frank Tibolt

WWW.DENDRINOS FINE ART.COM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The F3 has an 80/20 CW meter with 80% being in the center 12mm circle of the screen.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    The F3 has an 80/20 CW meter with 80% being in the center 12mm circle of the screen.
    Thanks Bob

I guess that's sorta what it looks like! But it helps when explaining to my son.

Pete
    "…Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."

Frank Tibolt

WWW.DENDRINOS FINE ART.COM

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin