Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,539   Online: 1019

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolliscroft
    The OMs also use two cells.
    Not all of them, my OM-1n MD uses a single PX 625.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nsurit
    You guys are not even getting started.
    Bill Barber
    Oh, I think I'm doing allright. If I keep on buying your stuff as you downsize, Bill, I'm going to need the second closet and you can cut back to one.

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi, Bill, how are things? I was out in the canoe with the OM-1 and the 35SP today on a pond nearby. I was using the 100mm/f2.8 you sent me on the OM, Elite Chrome and Provia 100F.

See, give up the OM list, I actually take photos! ;-) Seriously, your prompting to "get out there" was a motivator.

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dancqu
    Now that's something I could use, that adapter. I'm
    not very sold on zinc-air. Just where doC.R.I.S. Camera Service I send the
    money?

Have they a two cell version? I've a Sekonic
    L-228 also in need. Dan
    Dan:

I purchased mine from an E-bay retailer who isn't aroung any more. I believe you can get them from this company now:

C.R.I.S. Camera

They are expensive, but on the other hand the batteries they use are relatively inexpensive, and if you are switching back and forth between bodies, you don't have to worry about different film speeds for different camera bodies.

If you "Google" PX13 adapter you will see other sources as well as instructions about constructing your own adapter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceN
    Oh, I think I'm doing allright. If I keep on buying your stuff as you downsize, Bill, I'm going to need the second closet and you can cut back to one.

Bruce
    It works that way in theory, however . . .

I think there is a difference between "cutting back" and "down sizing." "Down sizing" is something that happens to you at work. "Cutting back" is you lying to yourself about slowing down your buying habits. I still need the other half of the closet and she isn't giving in. {8^) Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Dunbar
    Hi, Bill, how are things? I was out in the canoe with the OM-1 and the 35SP today on a pond nearby. I was using the 100mm/f2.8 you sent me on the OM, Elite Chrome and Provia 100F.

See, give up the OM list, I actually take photos! ;-) Seriously, your prompting to "get out there" was a motivator.

Earl
    Earl, thank you for the acknowledgement. I'd love to see you post some of your lake pictures. I was doing a few from the bank last weekend with my OM 2S, 21mm f2 and green filter. Tri-X. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format

If you tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolliscroft
    The OMs also use two cells. I agree the response curve is not quite straight using 1.5v batteries, but I calibrated my cameras against a modern light meter and it was as close as makes no material difference. Certainly I can use transparency film in total confidence. I guess, though, you should use what you are happy with.

David.
    If you tried it, and it works David, fine, I'll bear it in mind if I get stuck, because as I say the Zinc Air Cells are supposed to have a short life, and I don't want to buy an adaptor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bear in mind the adapters are a once only purchase which can be used indefinitely with cheap and easily available SR/LR44 button cells. I saw a sheet of 40 of these cells for sale in my local pound shop (a shop where every item is £1 or less). As soon as I have the spare, I'll get an adapter.

Shooter
    35mm
    I make my own adapters, and they cost me nothing. I use the 1.4 v hearing aid batteries in them, and those cost me less than $1 each. To make the adapter, simply file the top part of an old 625 alkaline cell off and separate the two pieces that make up the battery. Clean out the insides, and then use a dull nail to make 3 or 4 "dents" from the outside leading in (so the battery can breathe). You'll have an adapter that will last forever.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jon, the adapters I'm talking about have built in voltage reducing circuitry to take the 1.5v of the button cell down to the 1.35v required by the camera's meter. Thats why they cost.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin