Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,256   Online: 988

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, Andy. Here is a website showing how to make voltage reduced adapters, also. You can see how it is done....
    http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware...t-adapt-US.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bill: I will post once the processing and scanning is done. Some will be from the Olympus Odyssey project. In addition to the canoe outing on Buck Pond yesterday, I found some interesting farm field sites, but the light was pretty "blah", so I'm not sure how those shots will render.

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jon, my mistake, I thought you figured an adapter was purely for the size difference!

Thanks for the link to the pdf! Very handy!

Andy.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    You're welcome, Andy. I think there is some very good data in that file...it certainly put the battery issue into perspective for me.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Goodman
    You're welcome, Andy. I think there is some very good data in that file...it certainly put the battery issue into perspective for me.
    Jon

The adapters are available from John at Camtech (www.zuiko.com). He can also do repairs and has parts, etc. He is one of two repair people many Olympus OM people use to service their OMs. The other is Clint at Photoshere (www.olyfix.com) and I don't think he has the adapters. Both of these guys are Olympus trained OM repair folks. Both do good work. Bill Barber

Shooter
    35mm
    4T and Ti have titanium top and bottom covers and the latest low-battery-drain circuit. Some original OM-4s have very high drain which can run batteries down in a few weeks, even when you don't use the camera. If you are looking at used OM-4s for purchase, this test will tell you if the body has been service by Olympus and the body has one of the low-drain 4T boards. Turn the battery check on. IF the beep turns off automatically in approx 30 seconds, that is a body with the new board. I'd avoid old OM-4s. Olympus no longer services the original 4, and buying a 4T circuit (approx. $250) and doing it yourself is very impractical.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogs
    I don't want to hijack reinis' thread.

I'm curious why the OM-4Ts are so expensive. I saw a "minty" one going for $825. Is that how much minty OM-4Ts go for these days?
    4T and Ti have titanium top and bottom covers and the latest low-battery-drain circuit. Some original OM-4s have very high drain which can run batteries down in a few weeks, even when you don't use the camera. If you are looking at used OM-4s for purchase, this test will tell you if the body has been service by Olympus and the body has one of the low-drain 4T boards. Turn the battery check on. IF the beep turns off automatically in approx 30 seconds, that is a body with the new board. I'd avoid old OM-4s. Olympus no longer services the original 4, and buying a 4T circuit (approx. $250) and doing it yourself is very impractical.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Good Advice Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by John Hermanson
    To anyone thinking about buying one this is very good advice indeed, I worked in a camera store when the OM4 first came out and they used to eat batteries, for every six we sold we had about five customers bringing them back complaining they had got only one or two films through them before the batteries were flat. If as John says this problem has been resolved in the later versions, it is a excellent camera with a very versatile exposure system I would be happy to own.

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    'Bout time I let youz guys know I'm out here reading this thread in the agony of restraint! I had serious OM-1 lust back when it was new. But alas I had committed $$ to Nikon and, well you all know the story.

Now I have absolutly no need for another 35mm camera, but like that now "classic" car you lusted after when you were young, now that I can afford one I am soooooooooo tempted!

Is there a 12 step program for camera junkies?

-Bob
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laz

Is there a 12 step program for camera junkies?

-Bob
    Yes. Drive to your nearest classic camera dealer, walk a dozen steps to his door clutching a wad of cash in your eager mit...

Hope that helped.
    Last edited by Andy K; 10-26-2005 at 05:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin