Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,269   Online: 730

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceN
    Eeeeeeeeeeexxxxcellent! Now it's only a matter of time until we have you on to the numbered ones....
    I'm not talkin to either of you Pushers

Mom always told me to stay away from the wrong crowd, wish I'd listened!
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mom can't help you now.

Just in case you were wondering where it would end...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails om_system_whole_700.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laz
    Damn you, Damn you, DAMN YOU!

Dear laz127,
    Congratulations! You committed to buy the following item:
    OLYMPUS OMG, CHROME, WITH 50/1.4 ZUIKO, 99984

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

Laz:

Assuming that this particular body is as solid as the auction appeared, you have yourself a very good little camera. I have two of these bodies (while actually, I bought one of them for my wife), and they are a wonderful blend of professional functionality, and advanced amateur ease of use.

They don't have the mirror lock up, or interchangeable viewing screens of the OM1, but they take every lens in the OM line, and they have a permanent, built in hot shoe (something that the OM1 and OM2 could have really benefited from). They are also lighter than the OM1 or OM2.

Essentially, this model is the OM10, which sold in the tens or hundreds of thousands, with built in manual shutter speed control, and most of the little foibles worked out. And the 50mm 1.4 lens is a really big plus.

My most recent test shots, as posted in the Critique gallery, were shot using one of my OMGs - I have no hesitation in grabbing them to take photos in any circumstance, short of those situations where the OM1 is clearly superior (mirror lock up) or the TTL flash metering of my OM2n or OM2S makes a difference.

I don't know what Nikon equipment you use, but I would be willing to bet that, when you are reaching for a small, light quality camera to carry with you to enable you to take advantage of opportunities, the OMG will find its way into your hands more often than not.

Now lets see you resist the other lenses and accessories!
    (You should see how compact my 24mm f 2.8, 35mm f 2.0, and 85mm f 2.0 with Olympus T20 kit really is)

I'll look for a link for the manual for the OMG (OM20 in Europe) and PM it to you if I find it.

Matt

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a little fear of "the sanity of the morning" when buyers' regret can consume one, but no, I woke up strangly at peace with the world; kinda like a vital piece of me long lost has at last been found.... Om om om........

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing
    Laz:

Assuming that this particular body is as solid as the auction appeared, you have yourself a very good little camera. I have two of these bodies (while actually, I bought one of them for my wife), and they are a wonderful blend of professional functionality, and advanced amateur ease of use.

They don't have the mirror lock up, or interchangeable viewing screens of the OM1, but they take every lens in the OM line, and they have a permanent, built in hot shoe (something that the OM1 and OM2 could have really benefited from). They are also lighter than the OM1 or OM2.

Essentially, this model is the OM10, which sold in the tens or hundreds of thousands, with built in manual shutter speed control, and most of the little foibles worked out. And the 50mm 1.4 lens is a really big plus.

My most recent test shots, as posted in the Critique gallery, were shot using one of my OMGs - I have no hesitation in grabbing them to take photos in any circumstance, short of those situations where the OM1 is clearly superior (mirror lock up) or the TTL flash metering of my OM2n or OM2S makes a difference.

I don't know what Nikon equipment you use, but I would be willing to bet that, when you are reaching for a small, light quality camera to carry with you to enable you to take advantage of opportunities, the OMG will find its way into your hands more often than not.

Now lets see you resist the other lenses and accessories!
    (You should see how compact my 24mm f 2.8, 35mm f 2.0, and 85mm f 2.0 with Olympus T20 kit really is)

I'll look for a link for the manual for the OMG (OM20 in Europe) and PM it to you if I find it.

Matt
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is where you'll find information on everything OM, including manuals. Scroll to the bottom of the OM-G page for the link to the manual.

http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif.htm

Hope you enjoy your new camera!

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laz
    I had a little fear of "the sanity of the morning" when buyers' regret can consume one, but no, I woke up strangly at peace with the world; kinda like a vital piece of me long lost has at last been found.... Om om om........
    Peace be with you, my son

(Aside to BruceN - we got another one - YES)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing
    (Aside to BruceN - we got another one - YES)
    I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl - Let's get another one!

Bruce

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just landed myself a FREE OM2n! A friend who works in the local hospital said they were chucking an old 'microscope camera' out and would I like it? They're not allowed to sell them as they are a health trust apparently. Turned out to be a mint, hardly used OM2n complete with original box, manual and microscope focussing screen (but not, unfortunately, a microcope adapter). I've used OM cameras for 20 years and have several lenses, many of which were in a carrier bag I bought at a boot sale for £1.00! (28mm/f2.8, 50mm/f1.4!!!, 135mm/f3.5, Sigma 21mm, Sigma 70 - 210mm).

Who say's photography's expensive!

Rob archer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah, laz is now in our coven ... he's OURS, I say, he's OURS!!!!

Maitani rules!

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Dunbar
    Maitani rules!

Earl
    If I ever find myself in his vicinity and he has his diamond scribe with him, you can bet I'll be coming home with his signature on one of my OM-1's!

Bruce

(Info on the diamond pen here)
    http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/concepts.htm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin